Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any FT'ers in BKK Apr 29-May 05?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 1999, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Any FT'ers in BKK Apr 29-May 05?

My wife and I will be in BKK at the Shangri-la between Apr 29-May 05. If any FT'ers will also make BKK their temporary home during that time frame we'd love to meet you and talk (what else?) FT! Why not come on down and have a drink? I've only recently discovered FT, and now I'm hooked. I envy Randy's ability to make a career out of something I consider fun!
Old Apr 23, 1999, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Cool! I should be arriving on May 1st late at night. I don't know what condition I'll be in, but we could get together the next day perhaps.

I'll be at the Grand Hyatt Erawak.
Old Apr 23, 1999, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
I might be there .... but I'm on a very tight schedule, so I wouldn't know till next week.

Stimpy - is this your first stay at Hyatt?
You'll love it!
Old Apr 23, 1999, 3:43 pm
Commander Catcop

Enjoy your BKK "convention."

I'll be thousands of miles away on business (then fun) in Vegas!
Old Apr 23, 1999, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

stimpy, Celestar340, et al
Great to hear there'll be at least a couple of FT'ers in BKK simultaneously!
May I suggest meeting at the Shangri-la's Lobby Lounge for High Tea Sunday afternoon on May 2? They do also serve other, somewhat more potent versions of "tea", and it is quite an eloaborate buffet-type setup. The view of the Chao Phraya River is included in the very modest price.
E-mail me for more details or alternative suggestions.
Old Apr 24, 1999, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Flyme2

Thanks for the invitation - but unfortunately I will be in BKK only on the night of the 29th (if at all). So I'd have to decline.

Bangkok is very HOT and this time of year. If you and your wife might be interested in some R&R, may I recommend the Oriental Spa run by the Oriental Hotel. For massages, facials etc. It is VERY addictive!

Enjoy Bangkok!
Old Apr 28, 1999, 9:23 pm
Original Member

I agree with Celestar - the Spa at the Oriental hotel is fantastic!!! Elegant, refined, relaxing.... It is just across the river from the Oriental, next to the Peninsula. Treatments are reasonably priced, and you get your own treatment room (no need to share a locker room with all kinds of other people). Make reservations, though, as they tend to get very busy.

And I also agree regarding the Grand Hyatt Erawan - it's a great hotel, with a wonderful lobby: it's like a nice, peaceful oasis after you walk in from the busy, hot, noisy streets of Bangkok.

Old May 3, 1999, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just to report that we had an excellent tea and brunch at the Shangri-La in Bangkok. It was also the Festival of Food, Drink and Flowers in Bangkok which was an amalgamation of street vendors, bands, and very lively young Thai's.

I love Bangkok.
Old May 6, 1999, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Just got back from BKK, and as always, loved it! (It's an acquired taste).
Enjoyed picking stimpy's brain about his FT's and knowledge of cultures foreign to me.
(stimpy: if you're in need of a private-secretary or man-servant to accompany you on your travels, let me know! I do coach.)
Also enjoyed the Festival, esp. the roasted grasshoppers and larvae!
Still haven't tried the durian fruit...it better taste better than it smells!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.