BWI-ORD-LAX-SAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BWI-ORD-LAX-SAN

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 1999, 2:10 pm
Commander Catcop

You always write among the best reports, Matt. And it was nice of you to give up your meal.

On my return to IAD: I told the F-A I don't care what I get if there are 1K's who want the meal. I was surprised I got my meal.

Maybe with the new terminal at IAD for U-A Express we'll get nicer gate agents and ticket takers. My letter of complaint is faxed to U-A customer service.

I hope The LAX terminal is finished in time for PIP. ALl I need is to fall over a piece of wood and miss the party of the century.

If Matt doesn't want his Happy meal, I'll take the french fries.

Never met this SHamu animal. What breed of cat is he/she?

Old May 3, 1999, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe Shamu is a Sperm Whale, right Matt? (PremEx...tempting the censors again?)
Old May 3, 1999, 9:42 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I hate to break it to you guys, but Shamu is no longer with us ... sure they'll call one of them Shamu, but it's not the real Shamu. I went to Sea World twice in January, and Shamu was a different whale each time ... I can't believe they mislead us like that!

By the way (not that you guys didn't know this anyway probably, just looking for a cheap excuse to say sperm), Shamu is an Orca/Killer Whale.
Old May 4, 1999, 7:49 am
Original Member

Everyone knows Shamu is in San Antonio. Who do you think the model was for Southwest Airlines to paint one of their 737's with "Shamu's" picture. Of course, "Killer Whale" or "Sperm Whale", makes a difference. But, whatever Shamu is, we have lots of "whichever it takes" in Texas. Hope y'all can come to the FT Fiesta in San Antonio.
Old May 4, 1999, 1:20 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I, for one, will vouch for SeaWorld San Antonio. It runs circles around SW San Diego.

BTW, true story, at SW SD, I forced my colleague to sit in the "soak zone" at the "Shamu" show despite the 60 degrees and the wind (a weather report she repeatedly pointed out to me). I don't think that the whale was a sperm, but my colleague sure was wet by the end of the show .
Old May 4, 1999, 2:55 pm
Commander Catcop

Thanks for clarifying what Shamu is.

He's like the whale in the Free Willy movies!

But does the Texas Shamu have to wear a stetson and yell Y'all?

Never been to Sea World.

Old May 4, 1999, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Beckles, oh sure! Next thing you'll be telling me there's more than one Mickey Mouse (who is not a Sperm Whale).
Old May 5, 1999, 7:46 am
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
arturo sea awl yu wan to doo es rite spirm awl the tim. nex yu sey arturo es spirm whal.
Old May 5, 1999, 7:54 am
Original Member

mickey es no spirm whal, but mickys dag pluto has grlfrnd who es a beech.
Old May 5, 1999, 2:16 pm
Commander Catcop

This is CMDR CATCOP and this thread has degenerated into something that is on the verge of offending sensitive people like my friend CATMAN.

So let's let this thread rest in pieces like Pan Am, Eastern, Western, People's Express, etc.

Thank you and have a MEOWY DAY!
Old May 5, 1999, 2:52 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
As to your question on AA's domestic business class service vs. their international business class service --

If you find yourself on a 767-300 you're guaranteed an international business class seat (48" pitch). On a 767-200 it depends if you get the standard 767-200 (which is a tight seat pitch of about 40") or the 767-200ER (with a 50" pitch)which is used for international and some domestic service.

The food is usually a bit more sparse than on an international flight, but not too bad.

The other thing lacking on domestic business class is the video walkman, though some a/c are configured with the inseat videos.

As to Hawaii service --

AA primarily flies DC10's (with a few 757's) to the Islands. They are retiring MOST of their DC10's this year, but I would guess the few they keep will be used for Hawaii service. As it's one of the most popular free ticket destinations, I guess they need to cram as many people as they can onto the flights. A flight attendant once told me that over 40% of the people on the flight to HNL were flying on FF awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.