Wiki Posts
Search

Trip report - ORD-SFO-ORD on UA in C class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 1999, 9:31 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Trip report - ORD-SFO-ORD on UA in C class

A brief report: flew UA in C class (upgraded with 1K one segment confirmed upgrades) from ORD to SFO.

Check-in at ORD at 6pm on a friday - long long lines at 1K/Premex check-in. Had to wait at least 10 minutes (and I am not patient - sorry)

Flight on 767 with personal video screens, in/deflating lumbar support, noise reducing head phones (excellent!). Food was average - only two menu choices. No ice cream. Service was adequate, but not over the top.

Stayed at the Park Hyatt in San Francisco over the weekend - excellent hotel! Loved the size of my room (with a balcony, one of just a few) obstructed view of the Bay bridge. Park Grill is very good restaurant for breakfast. Nice, relaxing, quiet Sunday breakfast.

Then returned from SFO to ORD (again upgraded) in C class on the upper deck of a 747-200. Only 16 seats (all occupied) on the upper deck. Old seats, overhead video screen, nothing special. Attentive service,
but food menus again very limited. No cookies, no extras. The flight attendants were eating the ice cream bars that were left over from First class...

All in all, not much excitement on this trip.
Old May 4, 1999, 12:38 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Just out of curiosity - has anyone seen an improvement in the processing of UA 'PRIORITY' luggage (tagged with these new orange tags)?

It worked perfectly for my arrival in SFO - it took a while before bags started to appear, but mine was the first on the belt.

On return in ORD, a different story - all kinds of other bags appeared from my flight, before any Priority-tagged bags came in.

What is your experience?
Old May 4, 1999, 1:03 pm
Commander Catcop

In my most recent experiences... I think the baggage handlers are allergic to the bright red color of the Priority Tags.

Because in about 80 percent of the cases my bags are next to last coming out.

It could also be that I also have TRACES of cat hair on the bags (a calling card from my CATS!)
Old May 5, 1999, 3:36 pm

I had the same experience in SF, my tagged bag appeared first out of the chute.

------------------
g'day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.