Reload this Page >

LH F to Dubai, Park Hyatt Dubai & 13 hours in the FRA FCT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH F to Dubai, Park Hyatt Dubai & 13 hours in the FRA FCT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Thank you very much for your kind comment, ironmanjt! (By the way, I'm a big fan of your trip reports).
As for Dubai, you'll have a great flight. The only negative aspect of this route is that it's too short. The walk to the FCT is a bit of a hassle but once you're there you won't regret it. Managing to eat breakfast and lunch is only a challenge if you fall into the buffet trap (ie eating everything on offer just because it looks good). As long as you focus on your top 3-4 choices for every meal you'll be fine...
As for the duckies, they might indeed have the UEFA 2016 version. If you still want the silver version on top, just take two and we can trade them as I've got 3...
Well hopefully they have the UFEA 2016 one then, because I'll surely get multiples to trade! Stay tuned...
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by stimpy
Actually it was JFK-CDG, but yes the new La Premičre was wonderful. True privacy with the floor to ceiling curtains closed.

But i have to say you seem to have skipped a step in your DXB-FRA return portion. How did you get to the FCT? Don't tell me you had to walk through the airport with the hoi polloi then back outside along the road?
Aah, JFK-CDG is of course the better route as it is longer, every hour counts...
Unfortunately, the only way to reach the FCT (as a transit passenger) is schlepping and walking. That's why it's not documented in my report, stimpy.
This and the (lacking) views are the only two negatives of the facility.

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Well hopefully they have the UFEA 2016 one then, because I'll surely get multiples to trade! Stay tuned...
Sounds like a deal, ironmanjt!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Talking

Aah, JFK-CDG is of course the better route as it is longer, every hour counts...
Unfortunately, the only way to reach the FCT (as a transit passenger) is schlepping and walking. That's why it's not documented in my report, stimpy.
This and the (lacking) views are the only two negatives of the facility.

For some the "views" at the FCT can be quite enjoyable

I like to sit near the window and watch the LH flight attendants/pilots report to work at the LH building next door.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Unfortunately, the only way to reach the FCT (as a transit passenger) is schlepping and walking. That's why it's not documented in my report,

Sorry JohnRain, I know you want to keep it all to yourself, but others need to know how to walk to the FCT :

Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
? Is that new? It's been years since I was last at the FCT, but I was certainly picked up in a limo on out on the tarmac where my inbound short 737 flight had arrived. But now that I think about it that was when I was connecting to an outbound flight in F. Inbound in F from SIN, where the plane parked at a gate, I had to walk through to the FCT. I know there have been several times further in the past where I was driving to the FCT.

And one time I arrived on a short haul flight from somewhere and had planned to stay at the Sheraton FRA before my F flight the next day. And to my surprise even on that short haul flight I was picked up by limo where we parked out on the tarmac and driven to a door close to the exit. Maybe they only have that service when your inbound plane parks out on the tarmac?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by daniellam
For some the "views" at the FCT can be quite enjoyable

I like to sit near the window and watch the LH flight attendants/pilots report to work at the LH building next door.
Yeah I watched some LH flight attendants/pilots as well from the FCT but this is pretty boring IMO unless your glass is constantly refilled, daniellam...
I'd much rather look at the tarmac and see some airplane action.

Originally Posted by 747FC
Sorry JohnRain, I know you want to keep it all to yourself, but others need to know how to walk to the FCT
Damn, now the secret is out 747FC...
And I thought I was the only one to have the privilege of taking the glamourous route along the taxi driver's café and VIP restrooms.

Originally Posted by stimpy
? Is that new? It's been years since I was last at the FCT, but I was certainly picked up in a limo on out on the tarmac where my inbound short 737 flight had arrived. But now that I think about it that was when I was connecting to an outbound flight in F. Inbound in F from SIN, where the plane parked at a gate, I had to walk through to the FCT. I know there have been several times further in the past where I was driving to the FCT.

And one time I arrived on a short haul flight from somewhere and had planned to stay at the Sheraton FRA before my F flight the next day. And to my surprise even on that short haul flight I was picked up by limo where we parked out on the tarmac and driven to a door close to the exit. Maybe they only have that service when your inbound plane parks out on the tarmac?
The limo service is indeed only offered when your inbound plane parks out on the tarmac, but even then the car will drop you off at the main terminal and you still have to walk to the FCT. (That's why LH is positioning the FCT as a terminal for passengers starting their journey in FRA, as you're supposed to arrive at the main entrance on the upper level by cab/rental car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.