Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A Weekend in Orlando with Filthy Monkey and rxfleming (BA/AA Y/J/F Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:11 am
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

Filthy Monkey and rxfleming go to Orlando!

Hello all, and thanks for joining me on another wee trip report. Following on from my TR last year to Maui with Filthy Monkey, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-ba-y-j-f.html , we are both back to share another TR, and this time to the place where "Magic Never Sleeps" - Orlando!

Really, between you and me, Filthy has been dying to go visit Harry Potter at Universal, so we hopped on one of the cheap 'Viking Fares' (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...take-fare.html and set the trip up.

Now, Filthy is taking some different flights and leaves on the 25/11, but we do have 1 flight together, AA2204, and we are spending the weekend at the same hotel. The Trip Report will be semi-live, with Filthy dropping in to give his side of the trip now and again too! We have plans to spend Saturday at Universal, and will be live Periscoping some of the journey throughout the next few days!

======================================
Periscipe Link https://www.periscope.tv/rxfleming
======================================

Here is the itinerary:

26th November
BA1493 - GLA-LHR (Economy A319)
BA0770 - LHR-OSL (Euro Traveller A319)
Hotel: Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport
27th November
BA0761 - OSL-LHR (Club Europe A319)
BA0209 - LHR-MIA (Club World A380)
AA2461 - MIA-MCO (First Domestic B737)
Hotel: Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany Suites
29th November
AA2204 - MCO-MIA (First Domestic B757)
BA0208 - MIA-LHR (Club World A380)
30th November
BA0766 - LHR-OSL (Club Europe, A320)
BA0769 - OSL-LHR (Euro Traveller, A320)
Hotel: Travelodge London Hounslow
1st December
BA1472 - LHR-GLA (Economy, A321)

Quick Links to Posts
------------------------

rxfleming's posts

#1 GLA-LHR
#2 LHR-OSL / PARK INN OSL
#3 OSL-LHR / LOUNGES HEATHROW T3
#4 LHR-MIA-MCO / HGVC TUSCANY SUITES
#5 UNIVERSAL ORLANDO, MIA-MCO

Filthy Monkey's posts

#1 LHR-OSL / CCR LHR / OSL RADISSON BLU
#2 OSL-LHR
#3 LHR-MIA / CONRAD MIAMI
#4 MIA, MIA-MCO, HILTON GRAND VACATIONS TUSCANY VILLAGE

Last edited by travelwithross; Dec 3, 2015 at 6:39 am
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer - Nothing
Looking Forward

Looking forward fir more.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Looking forward to this one too! Hawaii one was a great read!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Thank you for starting this one and for the introduction, rxfleming! ^

While I am really looking forward to this trip, my youngest daughter, who is now 16, is really the one who’s desperate to go to see Harry Potter in Orlando. She's read the whole series of books 14 times now and is a little bit obsessed with the whole thing! Still, there are worse things to be obsessed about I wanted to give her a treat after getting straight As in her GCSEs, so when the now infamous Norway fares came up, I pounced! I originally booked the trip for both my daughters, Camille and Chloe, as well as another friend, Martin, and we coordinated everything with rxfleming to make sure we all ended up there together. However, Camille started university this year and also started a part time job, so, with lots of assignments to write and 10 weeks of compulsory training for her new role, she made the painful, but sensible decision to pull out of the trip. I still haven't decided if I'm more upset about the loss of 30,000 Avios or the fact that she's not coming

We flew out to Oslo on Wednesday and our trip was originally booked to London, Miami and Orlando on the Thursday, with a return on Monday, but following numerous AA flight re-shuffles, I took the opportunity to make some changes, so it now looks like this -

25th November
(GLA)-LHR–OSL (Economy)
26th November
OSL–LHR (Club Europe)
LHR–MIA (Club World)
27th November
MIA–MCO (AA domestic first)
29th November
MCO-MIA (AA domestic first)
30th November
IA-LHR (Club World)
1st December
LHR-OSL (Club Europe)
OSL-LHR (Economy)

I go to Miami almost every month on business and have quite a few friends there, so I’m glad we were able to make some changes to the flights and spend some time there either side of the hell that is Orlando! As it happens, I need to have a meeting with a supplier in Miami on Monday, so things have worked out rather well. We’ll meet up with rxfleming on Friday night in Orlando and will travel back to Miami on the same flight. We’re all staying together while we’re in Orlando, so it should be a whole lot of fun!

For now, though, I’m sitting in my room in the Radisson Blu by Oslo airport, having flown out this evening with Martin and Chloe, a day ahead of rxfleming . I arrived at the airport shortly after 15.00 for my 19.40 flight. I got there early as I wanted to catch up with a friend, Sara, who was flying to Australia this evening. Once through security I went straight to the Concorde Room, dropped my bags off and said my usual hellos. I then popped up to the Club lounge, met Sara and brought her down to join me. We had some bubbles and popped into the dining area to get something to eat, just in time for Chloe to arrive from her Glasgow flight, so we all ate together, which was nice. After eating, we relaxed by the bar area for a while, enjoyed some cocktails and were, as always, very well looked after. I spent some time chatting with the lounge managers, talking about the upcoming changes to food and furnishings, which was interesting, but more of that in a separate thread Sara’s flight to Hong Kong was delayed so we all ended up leaving together, did a little bit of shopping and met up with Martin who had come straight from work.

Some pictures from our time in the CCR...

Boarding for our flight was from gate A12 and, in usual fashion, we wandered over 20 minutes before take-off to find that boarding hadn’t even started. When it did get going, I’m delighted to say that they followed the new process and announced CE and GCHs first, so we happily wandered onto the plane at the front of the queue. We had exit row seats, so a decent amount of leg room, and the flight was pretty uneventful. Halfway through, though, one of the girls working in CE came back with a few mini bottles of champagne, which was really sweet, as a ‘thank you for travelling with BA so much’. I do love little gestures like that!

We landed a little ahead of schedule and, after de-planing, found ourselves very quickly at passport control, which was a painless process. Once through the terminal the walk to the Radisson was quick and easy and we were checked into our room, a twin with an extra rollaway bed, very quickly. It's functional, but nothing special, and certainly not worth the advertised rate of over 300 Euros, which, being an experienced Flyertalker, I obviously didn't pay! I have top status with Hilton and Starwood, so it's an odd experience staying somewhere and getting a 'normal' room!

The Radisson Blu, OSL

As you can see from the pictures, both Chloe and Martin are fast asleep as I write this and will, I'm sure, be delighted to see their pictures splashed across the internet in the morning We have to be up soon for the 7.25 flight back to London, so I really should get to bed, but there will be more to come tomorrow. One happy thought before I go to sleep for anyone heading out this way to start a trip – Veuve Cliquot is just 299NOK at the airport, which is around £23, so waaaay cheaper than in the UK :-:

Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Excited to read more!!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Subscribed! ^
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:06 am

Back in London now, after a pleasant flight from Oslo this morning. Oslo airport is rather nice and it was great to be staying so close by as it meant a lazy wander over at 6.30 this morning. Check in went fine, other than realising that Chloe has changed passport since our last trip and needed a new ESTA. Woops! We got her a boarding pass to London, sorted it out on the plane before we left and picked up her Miami boarding pass when we landed. Phew!

So, back to Oslo airport. Having to maneuver round a rather large, flacid penis en route to check in and giggling like a schoolboy at iPhone 'fart' posters definitely added to the joy of the trip

Fast track security was a breeze so, with 35 minutes to spare, we wandered to the lounge. Didn't spend too much time there, as our flight was showing as closing, but managed to get a few pics.

It was quite a trek from the lounge to the boarding gate, with passport control to negotiate, but it all went smoothly and we made it in time, settling in to the front row. Not much to report about the flight, other than breakfast was nice and we arrived a little early. We then had to negotiate the bus to T3 and the long walk to Flight Connections, but we got there in the end and finally settled in to GF so I could do some work. After a hectic morning of calls and trying to sort out lots of work nonsense, we wandered out to do some shopping then went for massages, which I booked when we arrived. That all seems like a distant memory now, as we're on board the 209 to Miami and about to take off. Boarding was absolutely shambolic but more on that later...

Taxiing now, so must dash!

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Nov 26, 2015 at 7:18 am
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
suscribed, and thoroughly enjoying what am reading so far, gosh £23 for veuve, what a fabulous bargain, compared with £39.00 here.^
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:45 am
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

I'm currently sitting in BA Lounge @ Glasgow Airport, and will soon start a live Periscope for all you IT geeks out there!

What a journey here...

I left the house at 2.00pm today, and reached Glasgow Airport at 3.00pm. Traffic was a bloody nightmare in Glasgow! I blame all the AJAX supporters and Celtic FC Supports for rushing home before the big match tonight. Thankfully, i was in an Uber - god bless technology - and the fare didn't cost me that much at all. £15. Which is the cheapest private vehicle to Glasgow money can buy!

Once here, I walked through security in less than 2 mins - Priority at Glasgow Airport is an absolute breeze, and it beats the pants of any other airport i've ever used, anywhere. Except perhaps SIN which treats you to a private check in area and security.

The Airport is of course ramping up for the Festive Season, and there are an abundance of Christmas Trees', Holly Wreaths and Lights! The old man himself is even there with all his reindeer...

Once In the lounge, I was welcomed by surname by the familiar lounge attendant - no dragons here! I do love walking in, being welcomed back and asked if i want a glass of champagne. No sooner had i said yes, than one of the Baxter Storey employees recognised my voice (now that's service!) and asked if I wanted a nice red instead (I was flabbergasted she remembered my last visit here when they had a 2010 Château Magnan la Gaffeliere Grand Cru.

Today was no exception, with me being individually presented with a bottle of 2011 Anthonij Rupert Optima. Divine!

The sandwiches were looking a little worse for wear, but get a look at the soup on offer today - no doubt you're in Scotland - what a very unique combination!!

I had a wee spoon of it - and I can safely say you'll either love it or hate it, no in between

Well, that's me, just waiting on my flight to LHR now - I'll post again later tonight from OSL once I settle in to my hotel room. I'm going to get cosy just now with my red wine in the snug

Safe Travels!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:37 pm
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

Good Morning from the OSL-Lounge. Man oh man, what a quiet place this is.

So where did i leave you? Ah yes, in the GLA Lounge.

Moments after I posted my first post, the kind lounge attendant from Baxter Storey noticed that the bottle of Optima that had just been opened had aready been drank by the rest of the lounge guests - shock, horror - so to appease me, I was personally brought over the last whole bottle.

Part of me really wanted to take it with me on the journey, but alas, I'm HBO all the way and back, so I quickly had a few more glasses (hic) and headed to my gate.

Boarding for my flight down to LHR was, the usual, "Golds, Silvers, Bronzes..." i don't think the new boarding comms has gone across the border yet! Once on board, I settled into my usual 1A and then opened up my Nook.

Now, I haven't read much these past few hours, a combination of being lazy and mostly avoiding it like the plague, but I thought for this trip I'll load some light hearted reads. I can thoroughly recommend this book. As someone who has a few friends in LA who are on the writing/production side of life, and in their mid-20s, I was instantly reminded of them. For the next 55 mins I spent most of the plane ride chuckling to myself.

The inflight snack of course was just a wee can of ginger ale and some crisps, though I'm sure the more eagle-eyed of you out there will note that the crisps are actually a full size bag stolen from the lounge. Arrest me now!

------

Once i got to LHR, I looked up to the screens. C Gates. Ugh. So it was off for a ride in the train.

To be honest, i didn't mind. I was rather hungry and in the mood for a Starbucks salad. Trivia time - did you know the first Starbucks opened in London in 1998? No, me neither, but it's plastered across the wall of the Heathrow T5C Starbucks

While looking for my salad, I my eyes glanced over the drinks selection at Starbucks. Look away now if you have a tight wallet and am from the Northern Regions of the British Isles.

What a ghastly price.

Ah well, it was soon time to board, and I headed over to the Gate, but in no time indeed the flight was boarding, and this time Golds and Club Europe were welcomed on board first. ^

Once onboard, it seemed to be a rather quiet flight. Lots of spare seats throughout. However, being in the exit row, that didn't translate. Row 10 was rammed. And beside me was the tallest man I've ever seen on a plane. Once up in the air, I decided to move into Row 9 where there was a free row to give the man some comfort.

Once up in the air, a quick flight time of 1h 50min was announced, and meal service began. I was rather full from my Starbucks and all the sandwiches I had rammed down me in Glasgow, but I still asked what the salad was in Economy.

It really didn't look all that good. And look at all the Salt in that tiny tub!

During the flight, something rather interesting happened. There was a gentleman in Row 8 who seemed to have some communication problems. It in fact turned out he was deaf, but as luck would have it, the cabin crew member was able to communicate in BSL (British Sign Language for non Brits). Now, I don't know about you, but I've never ever seen a cabin crew member communicate in BSL. Much respect to the crew member for probably making this man's day!

We reached OSL, and I marched off to the Hotel. Staying the night at the Park Inn by Oslo Airport. It's connected directly with the airport via an outside walkway (fully covered and weather free!). My night had cost me £109, which on the face of it, was a bloody rip off for a 5/6 hour hotel room. I wish the likes of Yotel would open up more places across the EU.

My room however was pretty functional and had some interesting touches. Few photos of the room and bathroom...

So interesting touch Number 1. The floor in the bathroom was heated. However, i've come to expect nothing less from a bathroom in Norway. Even my friends small 1 bedroom apartment in the centre of Oslo has this.

Number 2. The bed had USB ports beside it so you can plug in your devices without the need to find plugs, however, there were also lots of plug spaces for you too if you so inclined.

Number 3. The backlight to the bed changed colour. To anything you wanted. I decided to go for some 'Dutch Ambience'... (Hopefully this doesn't throw up some odd memories for folks!!!)

.... And soon it was time to go to bed!

--

So, that's me for just now. I'm flying back to London in an hour, and will update you all once I'm in Miami waiting for my flight to Orlando.

Safe Travels!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thanks Rxfleming for your part of the trip with Filthy Monkey and entourage. I do like GLA and the staff in the lounge are always very obliging. Wow you certainly had personal service with the wine situation, agree the sandwiches did not look very appertizing, albeit though you did help yourself to some whilst sitting in the snug. Await your next part of the trip. Sleep well^
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:20 am
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

You currently join me in the Galleries First Lounge at T3. What a change this lounge is now that more flights are leaving from here. I don't think i've ever seen it so busy!

My flight from OSL-LHR was uneventful but i did catch a beautiful sunset out of the window of 1A

The cabin crew service manager was form Glasgow, and we bonded over the fact that our fair city now has a Five Guys. You know you've made it in the world when you get one of those in your home town!

Breakfast was, lovely. There was also a common theme following me - more Rhubarb. This time in the yoghurt...

I much prefer it in yoghurt than Soup, mind you!

Once we landed, I had to make the usual hike over to Terminal 3. Man alive, I hate that connection process. Yes, its simple enough, but for whatever reason the walk once you get to Terminal 3 is a bloomin' nightmare. Especially when you're dragging a holdall that weighs 15kg. Don't ask.

I headed straight for the Admirals Flagship Lounge to get myself a shower. They are vastly superior to those of BA. Take a look

Great water pressure, no gargling, and some pretty nice soft scented towels. What moe can a grown man want?

I decided to get a spot of breakfast in the Flagship lounge while I was there. Let me tell you - AA has really upped their game here. The food was exceptional. The menu had a fine selection - I had the avocado and eggs - as well as the other buffet items, which were varied and beautifully presented. I also had some Kale and Spinach smoothies. KALE AND SPINACH! You won't find that in BA. Mind you, BA has Johnnie Blue, so swings and roundabouts!

They even had a thanksgiving special lunch running for the next few days - for all those homesick American's who had missed out.

After breakfast, I decided to hop over to the BA First lounge and booked myself in for an Elemis spa massage. First time I've ever been able to walk in and do that. Long may it last!!

Then was asked over by the lounge attendant. Seems today is my lucky day....

1K on it A380. Get in. And to think I only paid around £370 for this ticket.

========

I have a sneaking suspicion that Filthy Monkey is secretly jealous. I hear he hadn't flown any cabin other than First Class on Long Haul with BA for over a year - and yesterday he had to fly CW to MIA. The horror!

..... I'll update next from the States!

Last edited by travelwithross; Nov 27, 2015 at 5:29 am
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:41 am

Happy Thanksgiving Friday from Miami! Arrived here after a pleasant flight on the 209 and now tucked up in the Conrad on Brickell. So, picking up from where I left off yesterday; the joyous boarding process! Well, this was a new one on me. We had seats reserved upstairs on the 380, in the forward cabin, but they boarded the flight by seat number, rather than cabin, starting at the back of the plane, and refused to allow CW passengers to board first. This was all completely pointless as, by the time we were called we had to wait in a long queue just to get on the plane and turn left into an empty cabin! Not a good start….

This flight was an odd one for me and, I have to be completely honest, not one I was looking forward to. I’ve had quite a busy year of long haul travel, with four holidays and 14 work trips, so 36 sectors in total. Of those, the last 35 have been in First, so the prospect of going back to Club World didn’t exactly excite me! I know, champagne problems I had reserved 53A, a window seat at the rear bulkhead of the forward CW cabin. The first thing I noticed when I got to my seat was how claustrophobic it felt! You really do notice the curvature of the aircraft and it feels quite enclosed in a CW seat. The seat itself is really quite nice, but obviously doesn’t have the space of the First suites downstairs. However, it is by no means an unpleasant place to spend 9 hours. I was tempted to move over to an empty aisle seat, but I figured I’d stick it out.

53A is against the galley wall and I did notice a little bit of noise throughout the flight, but nothing that disturbed me too much. Service on-board was nothing spectacular, but efficient. We were offered pre-flight drinks before take-off and our coats were taken away and hung up. As we settled into our seats, I finally put my laptop away and relaxed, which was a very nice feeling. Menus were handed out before take-off and meal orders taken shortly after. We were also served with another round of drinks shortly after the seat belt signs went out, which was nice. I prefer the 'dine on demand' service in First and would ideally have preferred to delay dinner for a couple of hours, having snacked in the lounge. However, when food did arrive I happily tucked into it. There were two starter options and I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so I asked for both and shared some with Martin, whose ugly mug was staring at me through the partition. For main, Martin and I had beef, while Chloe had the Thanksgiving option, which was turkey. I had pre-ordered meals for the first time, so it was good to see that working. Dessert was pumpkin pie and cream, which was delicious, followed by coffee. Martin and I spent most of the flight playing multi-player Tetris on the IFE, which was fun,although very frustrating, as he kept winning!! I think I slept for a few hours at some point, waking up with about 3 hours to go for another Tetris marathon. Afternoon tea was served mid-game, which gave me a good excuse for losing another one

Having slept for most of the flight, Chloe woke up and came to join us across the aisle. She'd been feeling pretty rough with a sore throat, so the sleep did her well. The flight didn't do Martin any favours...

[/url]

So, my overall impression of the flight was pretty good and I actually quite enjoyed CW. Obviously I prefer First, which rxfleming is currently enjoying after a cheeky upgrade on his flight to Miami, but I can put my inner diva away for now. It will be interesting to how it is on the return flight overnight, but I plan on drinking lots of champagne and popping sleeping pills, so I'll either be dead when we land or, hopefully, will wake up refreshed and only a little bit hungover. The biggest positive of the flight was not having to climb over the rope on the stairs to get to the big toilets!

We landed slightly ahead of schedule and left from door 2L. As always in Miami, I had somebody from Special Services meet me from the plane to help smooth the arrival process. We were popped into a golf buggy at the top of the ramp, driven to immigration, whisked through the quick lane and escorted outside to our waiting car in less than 10 minutes ^ I have to say, top marks to the team there. They really are super helpful and very friendly. I always try to bring them a little something from London when I come over. This time I brought some shortbread and other bits and pieces from Fortnum and Mason, picked up in T5 on our outbound trip to Norway on Wednesday evening.

My friend picked us up from the airport in his Bentley, which was nice. Definitely a nicer way to get around than an Uber X

We got to the Conrad pretty quickly due to light Thanksgiving traffic and checked in. I stay here a lot and had booked my room on my last trip, a few weeks back, so new what to expect, which meant check-in was quick and painless. It's a slightly odd hotel as you have to take the lift to the 25th floor, cross reception and then take another lift to your room, but I do like it. The Four Seasons next door is more lively, but Hilton status and repeat business means I always get well looked after here, so I keep coming back.

Hotel drop off point and reception

Our room

On the way from the airport we stopped off at the pharmacy and bought lots of drugs for Chloe's throat. She was feeling pretty sleepy, so popped some pills and went to bed. Martin and I went to our friend's for a few drinks but, with jet lag kicking in, didn't last long so went back to the room around 22.30. Being the excellent friend that I am, I let him take the sofa while I had the second bedroom. Well, what are friends for!?

I normally try and work a UK day while I'm here, as well as catching up on stuff in the Miami office, so I've been at it since 4am. Martin woke up around 5 and Chloe at 6. They went up for breakfast and then for a wander round Miami. I'm going to go join them for lunch now, then the plan is to take a sail boat out in Biscane Bay before we head to the airport for our trip to Orlando, so it's time to sign off now, but I'll follow up later once I've met up with rxfleming. He's on a later Orlando flight than us, so we'll pick up a car when we arrive, check into our accommodation and then, if he's really lucky, meet him from the airport. I'm sure he'll be online, bragging about his upgrade to First from the Miami lounge. Sorry in advance that you'll all have to put up with that...
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Dutch ambiance"
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:57 am
formerly rxfleming
Original Poster

Good morning everyone from a muggy Orlando. I got here around midnight last night, and as is traditon, was picked up by Filthy Monkey at the airport and he drove me back to the hotel. Why mess with a system that works? \

So back to my flights...

When i last left you, I had been given an OpUp to First Class. God bless. And it was gratefully received. This would be my 3rd trip in First on the A380, and as much as I prefer it, nothing I don't think will ever beat the feeling of being in the nose of a 747 and holding your partners hand across the aisle from 1A/1K. I really am a big softie at heart!

Now, onto boarding. My oh my. Filthy was not alone in the shambles that was boarding for this flight.

First of all, the tensa barriers had been setup in a way that all passengers fed into the same line. No separate Queue for Priority and Other passengers (why this was I didn't know). They then made the mistake of announcing general boarding before Priority boarding, which meant the tensa barriers soon filled up. Then, in the stupidity of it all, they asked those passengers who had already started queuing to leave the queue. So what ended up was a crowd of people all standing around the boarding area.

Idiots.

When they did finally announced First Class, i just graciously opened up the tensa barrier and walked through - others followed my lead and were just as annoyed.

It's not rocket science BA.

Anyway. I was finally on board.

Within moments a lovely French lady was pouring me some Laurent-Perrier Grand Siecle. It felt like the authentic experience.

Another member of the cabin crew then introduced herself. A Wonderful lady from Liverpool. She is a star within the fleet. I told her I wanted to sleep for the first few hours. No problem. Bed made within minutes after take off and food ordered for later.

Now for those of you who don't know. Their is a cupboard right beside 1K that is usually used to store the bedding for 1st class passengers. My cabin crew host was gracious enough to remove all of these items before I went to sleep so that there would be no disturbance during my rest. And it worked. The doors didn't open once. Nevertheless I would try and avoid this seat in the future, as I dont think all crew would be so thoughtful as this one in planning ahead!

It was then time to sleep!

I was Gently woken 3 hours into the the flight, as per my request, and started with some peppermint tea to wake myself up and then some hot towels were delivered and the table prepared. Can anyone spot the problem?

Anyway, the menu for today's flight was truly outstanding. I had trouble picking earlier, but was happy with my choices. I went with the Venison Terrine, and the Soup. But, does anyone notice that the bloody rhubarb is following me!!!!
The Amuse-bouche was a Goats Cheese and Apple Puree.

The soup was very powerful, lots of salt and garlic!
The venison was just so delicious. Tender, flavourful and just did the job.

For dessert, I was really looking forward to the Apple Tatin, but they had only loaded 3 for the cabin. Yes, just 3. I did however get the Banoffee Pudding. It was very rich.

The CSD came around a few times to chat, she was a lovely lady from Norway, and we exchanged business cards. I told her she had lead a fantastic crew today and would be sending in Thank You's.

For the last few hours I drank some more champagne and finished off with a blue and ginger ale. My signature drink. Bliss. The sunset was also visible from my window.

When I left the aircraft, the lovely French cabin crew member gave me a thank you and a traditional European kiss goodbye. Lovely.

=======

Once off board, I was met by Special Services and whisked through immigration and security. It really does pay off to be friends with Filthy sometimes.

The connecting flights through MIA-MCO went really without a hitch. The crew on the AA flight were surprisingly happy and in good spirits. My seat mate also chatted non stop from take off to landing. I was in a chatty mood myself so didn't mind. Sorry, but I didn't take any photos.

On arrival at MCO, I was met by Filthy in a Cadillac. Of course, he was trying to get the Maserati. But the purse strings weren't going that far, supposedly.

So, I was whisked to my hotel room (Hilton GVC Tuscany Suites) by my good friend, and then given the key to my own suite. Thanks Filthy! I'm gonna enjoy that Hot Tub!*

I think we look quite good for a full 2 days of travel If i do say so...

Now, we are just getting ready for a full day at Universal. Can't wait!

*on my own. of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.