FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Weekend in Orlando with Filthy Monkey and rxfleming (BA/AA Y/J/F Class)
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:45 am
travelwithross
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I'm currently sitting in BA Lounge @ Glasgow Airport, and will soon start a live Periscope for all you IT geeks out there!

What a journey here...

I left the house at 2.00pm today, and reached Glasgow Airport at 3.00pm. Traffic was a bloody nightmare in Glasgow! I blame all the AJAX supporters and Celtic FC Supports for rushing home before the big match tonight. Thankfully, i was in an Uber - god bless technology - and the fare didn't cost me that much at all. £15. Which is the cheapest private vehicle to Glasgow money can buy!

Once here, I walked through security in less than 2 mins - Priority at Glasgow Airport is an absolute breeze, and it beats the pants of any other airport i've ever used, anywhere. Except perhaps SIN which treats you to a private check in area and security.

The Airport is of course ramping up for the Festive Season, and there are an abundance of Christmas Trees', Holly Wreaths and Lights! The old man himself is even there with all his reindeer...

Once In the lounge, I was welcomed by surname by the familiar lounge attendant - no dragons here! I do love walking in, being welcomed back and asked if i want a glass of champagne. No sooner had i said yes, than one of the Baxter Storey employees recognised my voice (now that's service!) and asked if I wanted a nice red instead (I was flabbergasted she remembered my last visit here when they had a 2010 Château Magnan la Gaffeliere Grand Cru.

Today was no exception, with me being individually presented with a bottle of 2011 Anthonij Rupert Optima. Divine!

The sandwiches were looking a little worse for wear, but get a look at the soup on offer today - no doubt you're in Scotland - what a very unique combination!!

I had a wee spoon of it - and I can safely say you'll either love it or hate it, no in between

Well, that's me, just waiting on my flight to LHR now - I'll post again later tonight from OSL once I settle in to my hotel room. I'm going to get cosy just now with my red wine in the snug

Safe Travels!