Wiki Posts
Search

Switzerland/ Italy Sept 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Switzerland/ Italy Sept 2015

Flew United in E+ from BNA to EWR had about 3.5 hour layover there. Stopped in the UA Club, which was quite crowded and rather warm, they really needed to turn up to A/C. From there we flew into GVA (exit rows which really had more leg room than the rest of E+, I was glad I chose those). Both flights were uneventful and the dinner meal was actually better than I was expecting. We landed around 7:30 am and this point I have been up 24 straight hours. I simply can't sleep on a plane. We found the trains and head out on a 4 hour journey to Zermatt. The further we got away from GVA the better the scenery was. Rolled into Zermatt about 1:30 and got checked into the hotel.

We really just walked around a little and had dinner and then early to bed as at this point I have been up 36 hours. The next day we headed up the Gornergrat. Wow it was awesome up there! SPend a few hours taking in the views. We hiked down for a couple of hours and then hopped back on the train the rest of the way.

Zermatt has to be the cleanest town I have ever visited. We had a view of the Matterhorn from our room too. The next day was the Glacier Express all the way to St Moritz. The food was decent and the scenery was lovely but it got to be a little bit of a long trip with all the stops. We only spent the one night in St Moritz. The next morning we took the Bernina Express all the way to Tirano. All in all i think the scenery on the BE was a little bit better than that found on the GE. If you can only do one I would advise the Bernina.

Sorry I do have pictures, but I have not taken the time to figure out how to post them here yet. Stay tuned for Italy (as we are here now) when we hit Milan-Florence and Rome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.