Wiki Posts
Search

LIVE TR: TP run to LIH.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jcm9000
A connected world can be a dangerous world, right decision to stay aff the booze; i know what it does to me when im not in an at least average mood.

How did you find the flight from hawaii?

The flight wasn't too bad, I was asleep for the majority of it. Had a good chat with the guy next to me before takeoff and for about 10 minutes after and then maybe the last 20 minutes as we came into PHX.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
I arrived into T3 and went down fast track. Still wearing my Leeds shirt the security staff started having some banter with me, calling me dirty leeds followed by one of them defending me as a fellow mighty white! It was all good natured and even got some of the serious looking other pax in the queue having a giggle and a smile It was really quick as well taking no more than 2-3 minutes.

I proceeded straight to the First class lounge and had a nice hearty breakfast. Having not drank for the past 24 hoursish I decided it was pointless starting now so had a bottle of highland spring with some apple juice. The breakfast was very good and the lounge was almost empty! Managed to get my iphone almost fully charged before I headed off and had a nice refreshing shower, brush my teeth and change my clothes for the next few flights ahead.

I left the lounge at boarding time and then had a brisk 7-8 minute walk to the gate where I was like 3rd last person onto the aircraft. It was very surprising to see approximately 14/15 rows of business class on this finnair A321 to HEL. We promptly pushed back and departed with an expected flight time of 2 hours 25 minutes. Once again the staff were excellent and the food served was good. Majority of the other pax in the business part were indulging in the champagne, I again had water and apple juice. At this point I nodded off for about 30 minutes before waking up and listening to some music. One thing, I do love the lady godiva chocolates that are served on finnair in J!

We arrived into HEL on a very bumpy approach with a firm meeting of the aircraft and asphalt. I headed off the the lounge even though I only had a 1 hour connection. Thankfully I wasn't staying there much longer as it was rammed. I know people complain about BA's GC and GF being busy at times but this was completely rammed! Not a seat available and people stood up in small groups. Sharply I decided to move on and head for the gate. We boarded on time and I settled myself in for the short 1 hour 20 minute hop to CPH.

Immediately after the crew were released they spring into action. Whilst the service on this leg was good & prompt they weren't as warm as the crew I had on the LHR-HEL sector. There was also only 2 rows of business class on this flight. I got talking to a young (18 y/o) lass from Taiwan who was coming to Denmark for a student exchange program. She had a good grasp of english and was pointing out words in the paper that she wasn't sure how to pronounce asking me to say them for her so she could learn (probably not best with my northern accent) Very quickly later we landed in CPH and I bade(sp?) my Taiwanese friend goodbye as I headed off to the aviator lounge for the penultimate flight of this trip!

Next CPH-LHR in CE and LHR-ABZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.