Search

LIVE TR: TP run to LIH.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
LIVE TR: TP run to LIH.

This will be my attempt at a LIVE TR.

Will update when I get to HEL with ups and downs I've experienced so far.

My routing for anyone interested is ABZ-LHR-CPH-HEL-LHR//LCY-JFK-PHX-LIH-PHX-JFK-LHR-HEL-CPH-LHR-ABZ
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
thanks Jamier45 I really like live TR's so consider me subscribed.
John
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Quality! You'll just miss a tropical storm that is going very close to lihue with 65mph sustained winds....
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jamier45
My routing for anyone interested is ABZ-LHR-CPH-HEL-LHR//LCY-JFK-PHX-LIH-PHX-JFK-LHR-HEL-CPH-LHR-ABZ
In how many days? Sounds craaaazy to me
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

... ...

My routing for anyone interested ...
I'll be to and fro the USA over the next couple of weeks (JFKx2/LAX/LAS/MIA) drop me a note of your dates just in case we are in the same vicinity at the same time.

Enjoy your travels my dear friend ^
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I look forward to hearing how you are learning from your previous experiences and thus avoid getting h@mmered the night before a flight (to avoid missing it)!

Good to see you last night in the big smoke though young man and save travels. hope CPH wasn't too boring!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
... Good to see you last night in the big smoke though young man and save travels. hope CPH wasn't too boring!
He wasn't at Heathrow yesterday was he? The Lady Tobias and I were in the CCR yesterday, he could have joined us for a bite and bubbles.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Best of luck! Sounds crazy and look forward to reading it
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
This should be fun reading about these shenanigans! Can't wait. Wonder how many flights will be missed on this run!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
He wasn't at Heathrow yesterday was he? The Lady Tobias and I were in the CCR yesterday, he could have joined us for a bite and bubbles.
he was - but only inbound.

apparently all the chaos at T5 yesterday was not caused by him either.

he was a bit ""why is everyone in a suit" in both Canary Wharf and at London Bridge at 6pm" last night..... I hear he might have stayed out longer than planned with a certain other FT member and is feeling worse for it today - but he has made his flights so far.....
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:04 am

... apparently all the chaos at T5 yesterday was not caused by him either ...
How sure are you? I ain't convinced

... I hear he might have stayed out longer than planned with a certain other FT member and is feeling worse for it today ...
Our Jamie? Never!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Jamie, I sincerely hope you have a ticket that includes no-show protection!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Here goes nothing.

I was meant to be doing this trip with teledude but he has disappeared off the face of the earth so had to book hotels etc at the last minute!

I set off from Lossiemouth Tuesday morning and got the 10:47 bus from outside the main gate of RAF Lossiemouth to Elgin train station. From there I got the 11:42am train from Elgin through to Dyce then the number 80 airline bus to the terminal where I arrived into the lounge at ABZ at approximately 1330.

Boarding was very prompt and BA1309 ABZ-LHR pushed back approximately 4 minutes ahead of schedule. The flight was smooth and I was seated in 4F on a HBO fare. We held for about 20 minutes before starting our approach into LHR and taxi'd onto stand for an on time arrival at exactly 1600.

From there it was straight down to the T5 station where a tube was about to leave. Getting off at green park and onto the jubilee line straight through to Canary Wharf. I then attempted to find my hotel, Tune Hotel Canary Wharf which was a bit of a mission! Dumped my bags and set off to London Bridge to meet stevied and chris1979.

We had a good chat over 2 or 3 drinks before Chris retired. Me and stevied then attempted to drink London dry! We had a good few drinks and an ace meal before I got back to my hotel at about 0030. 2 hours or so later than I'd planned!

I was straight to sleep knowing I had to be up at 0330 to get a quick shower and off to catch the bus to T5!

Next trip to T5 on the bus and LHR-CPH-HEL
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.

Will update when I get to HEL with ups and downs I've experienced so far.

Congrats and good luck. Looking forward to it. Have in TP's are what are the booking classes
-Flyiboy
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This thread has been moved to the Trip Reports forum to increase its visibility and widen its audience beyond our regular readers of the BA forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.