Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Long Weekend In Prague

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:16 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Beautifully compelling as usual. Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Great TR as always Daniel. IIRC you normally travel to the more exotic destinations on your Kiwi passport. Did you go on the UK passport this time for quicker entry into Europe or due to worries about the stamps in the Kiwi passport raising questions?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
The lady at the shooting range was definitely going for the crotch.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:54 pm

Outstanding again!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by DanielW
Lots of tasty fruit.
That fruit looks amazing....

Another great report from you. I love how your photography turns an "ordinary" destination such as the Czech Republic into something extraordinary that comes to life...it's a real talent!

Looking forward to you making me look good in our epic adventure next month! </teaser>

Last edited by ironmanjt; Aug 5, 2015 at 11:00 pm
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stu1985
Beautiful pictures. Prague is a wonderful city.
Thank you, stu1985. Yes, Prague definitely exceeded my high expectations.

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
Outstanding pictures. Thank you for sharing.
Cheers, BorussiaMG.

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Great TR DanielW. Makes me want to go back. You didn't find the tourist crowds too bothersome?
Many thanks, grandgourmand. I had been warned before by my friends that Prague would be full of tourists so wasn't too plussed. A bit like going to Disneyland I guess, all part of the experience.

Originally Posted by justforfun
Great report. Many thanks for taking the time to post it. Heading there next month. Looking forward to it even more now.
Thank you, justforfun. Yes, Prague will be a great place to enjoy the European summer.

Originally Posted by mike&co
Great report, some stunning pictures. I was there in February for 3 days - missed out on the shooting range option unfortunately but fired the AR 15 in Orlando last year - impressive.
Cheers, mike&co. Yes, was great to handle and fire some of these weapons I normally only see in the movies.

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
It's been a while DanielW! Another great and detailed trip report, I love Prague and reading it has been a real pleasure.
Thank you, themapelligroup. Just preparing another TR at the moment and hopefully should be ready shortly.

Originally Posted by karung99
Great pictures and enjoy reading your trip report.
Thanks, karung99.

Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
Fantastic photos. This report makes me feel like I enjoyed Prague more than I actually did when I visited last year.
Many thanks, GeminisTwin. I really enjoyed my short time in this beautiful city.

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Loved the report.
What is it about Prague and chopped VWs? This is from nine years ago...

Cool! Maybe the VW had a new paintjob?

Originally Posted by Khiaao
Great Post. thanks!^
Cheers, Khiaao.

Originally Posted by aw
Beautifully compelling as usual. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, aw, was a great way to escape the desert heat in Dubai at the moment.

Originally Posted by agp423
The lady at the shooting range was definitely going for the crotch.
Haha! Yes, we joked that she defintiely castrated him.

Originally Posted by dickerso
Outstanding again!
Thank you, dickerso.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Great TR as always Daniel. IIRC you normally travel to the more exotic destinations on your Kiwi passport. Did you go on the UK passport this time for quicker entry into Europe or due to worries about the stamps in the Kiwi passport raising questions?
Many thanks, PoincianaKings. I just used my UK passport purely for convenience. Took me a few seconds to go through immigration at Prague airport but took Rianda (with non-EU passport) >20 minutes!

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Lots of tasty fruit.
That fruit looks amazing....

Another great report from you. I love how your photography turns an "ordinary" destination such as the Czech Republic into something extraordinary that comes to life...it's a real talent!

Looking forward to you making me look good in our epic adventure next month! </teaser>
Many thanks, ironmanjt. Been a while since did a more conventional trip, but was actually nice not to have to worry about visa's, security, potable water etc. Yes, definitely looking forward to the upcoming trip next month, will be an awesome experience!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: FT
nice photos. very large crowds. much different than my trip there in 97.

wow at the prices now.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Bravo (again).
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Prague is one of my favorite cities in the world! Have you ever tried the free walking tours of the city? I did it the last time I went and it was enjoyable (albeit long and way behind schedule). There was also a very good public music festival in the main square going on when I was there.

Also, thanks for the pictures at the Museum of Communism. I've been twice and wanted to go both times, but it just didn't work out.

I take it y'all didn't go to the seven-story club, Karlovy lázně? Some of my best memories (that I can't remember) are from that place. Good times, good times...
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:28 am

Great report and photos! And interesting to hear your perspective on the "too touristy" discussion - everyone talks about Prague being over-touristed these days (and for that reason I've been hesitant to visit). But yet it looks like...a normal city. I guess the folks that complain about it having too many tourists were lucky to discover it in a time when it was off the map, but with the Internet at all, there just aren't too many of those places anymore. Looks great to me though - I'll have to make it over there.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:18 pm

Fantastic.

Makes me want to go. My sister for some strange reason did not like it. No idea why.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
I went to Prague in 2002 and spent 24 hours in the city before flooding sent us scurrying back to the airport and out again. I've been meaning to go back ever since but your report just might be the catalyst for a booking. Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: QF WP LTG
Once again bravo Daniel. Your photography skills are amazing, I'm finding myself looking at each pic more than once to admire the composition, absolutely brilliant shots.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkjr
nice photos. very large crowds. much different than my trip there in 97.

wow at the prices now.
Thanks, mkjr, yes, definitely peak season. And I'm guessing the prices would be even more of a bargain in the pre-EU era.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Bravo (again).
Many thanks, MatthewLAX.

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Prague is one of my favorite cities in the world! Have you ever tried the free walking tours of the city? I did it the last time I went and it was enjoyable (albeit long and way behind schedule). There was also a very good public music festival in the main square going on when I was there.

Also, thanks for the pictures at the Museum of Communism. I've been twice and wanted to go both times, but it just didn't work out.

I take it y'all didn't go to the seven-story club, Karlovy lázně? Some of my best memories (that I can't remember) are from that place. Good times, good times...
Thank you, brewdog11. I was thinking of doing a free walking tour (after reading hauteboy's recent Prague trip) but as we had a guidebook and plenty of time we just wandered about by ourselves. I'll have to add the Karlovy lázně to the (long) list for next time.

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Great report and photos! And interesting to hear your perspective on the "too touristy" discussion - everyone talks about Prague being over-touristed these days (and for that reason I've been hesitant to visit). But yet it looks like...a normal city. I guess the folks that complain about it having too many tourists were lucky to discover it in a time when it was off the map, but with the Internet at all, there just aren't too many of those places anymore. Looks great to me though - I'll have to make it over there.
Thanks, arlflyer. It's been a while since I've been anywhere with an abundance of tourists, so was fine to be amongst the masses again. A wonderful city with plenty of beauty to share with all the visitors.

Originally Posted by mattyw
I went to Prague in 2002 and spent 24 hours in the city before flooding sent us scurrying back to the airport and out again. I've been meaning to go back ever since but your report just might be the catalyst for a booking. Thanks!
Thank you, mattyw. Yes, definitely worth a second, longer visit.

Originally Posted by snabbu
Once again bravo Daniel. Your photography skills are amazing, I'm finding myself looking at each pic more than once to admire the composition, absolutely brilliant shots.
Many thanks, snabbu, always a great pleasure to get positive feedback on my photography from my travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.