Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Trout ‘n About in Scotland with the help of new Iberia Biz Plus IBEX J and BA CE.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trout ‘n About in Scotland with the help of new Iberia Biz Plus IBEX J and BA CE.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Great report. I nearly died with laughter at mention of Genius1.

Agree with your viewpoints on Iberia Express - their business class feels half-hearted.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Thanks for sharing. Looks like the two of you had a great trip.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeadManFlying
the first cottage looked fantastic
It was just what we needed to wind down. Not everyones cup of tea as the nearest pub was a 6 mile walk away.

Originally Posted by jcm9000
I agree it is a great way to fly. The gap is a bit thin though for squeezing out, hey ho, no biggie.
Really? I had no problem getting through the gap.

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Glad to see you visited Kilmartin (not Kilmory) with its carved headstones, etc. The glen below the church is a remarkable place, with hundreds of prehistoric monuments and sites - standing stones, stone circles, burial cairns, etc. It's sobering to look upon the valley floor and think about how it's been inhabited for thousands and thousands of years. An eerie and unforgettable place.
We never visited Kilmartin this time but have before. Kilmory Knap chapel lies at the end of the road that runs the length of Loch Sween. Well worth a visit next time you happen to be in the area.

Originally Posted by Marambio

Baked beans, with tomato sauce and all, you can find in Carrefour at Paseo Alcorta. I haven't been to Buenos Aires since March but at that time they had them. Quite expensive but OK for a once in a while craving.
How expensive is 'quite expensive'?

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even know there was a Carrefour so close to the centre. ^

Originally Posted by andset1191
Agree with your viewpoints on Iberia Express - their business class feels half-hearted.
Yes having said that I would like to try it again on the EDI-MAD sector when I'm more compos mentis. Judging it for the first time when half asleep after a long journey was probably not fair.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:31 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by HIDDY
We never visited Kilmartin this time but have before. Kilmory Knap chapel lies at the end of the road that runs the length of Loch Sween. Well worth a visit next time you happen to be in the area.
Wow, my mistake. What a place it appears to be!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
How expensive is 'quite expensive'?

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even know there was a Carrefour so close to the centre. ^
I just talked to a friend who is an Englishman in BA and says the beans are around 60 pesos per tin - that's almost 4 times the UK price. Usually he buys them in Jumbo in Palermo but sometimes he finds in Carrefour, either Heinz or a Mexican brand which apparently is OK (the name he didn't remember).

Bon appétit !
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nice report HIDDY and great pictures of Scotland. A work colleague today said he has flown the new IB seat recently and he said he found them slightly claustrophobic. They appear to be quite spacious though from your pics. Did you get that feeling?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marambio
I just talked to a friend who is an Englishman in BA and says the beans are around 60 pesos per tin - that's almost 4 times the UK price.
Just lost any desire I had for baked beans after reading that.

Originally Posted by Moomba
Nice report HIDDY and great pictures of Scotland. A work colleague today said he has flown the new IB seat recently and he said he found them slightly claustrophobic. They appear to be quite spacious though from your pics. Did you get that feeling?
Thanks Moomba it was good to be home again.
If he was in an odd row numbered window seat on the A340 then those are the ones closest to the window. The one I tried out was fine but I'm not a big chap and wasn't in it that long.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Originally Posted by jcm9000
As for pie and beans, that picture is not helping my efforts to lose weight. I have avoided a pie for a few weeks, all i can think of now is pies. Thanks.
I grew up in the great metropolis of Tullibody 1954-1967 and didn't realise anyone actually lived in Menstrie, or Alva, while we - wee laddies - were passing through on our expedition to "climb" Dumyat.

I do remember leaving a half-eaten pie and some raw eggs in a cave up there.

Ten years old, couldn't get the water to boil though we were able to get a fire lit.

Last edited by PropWasher; Jun 17, 2015 at 8:46 pm
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Great report - the new IB product looks great as does the breakfast option in comparison to CW.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a great report

Does your understated humour serve you well in Argentina?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Great trip report HIDDY. It's nice to see photos on Iberia metal and the lounge at EZE (I want to go there next year).

Lots of other beautiful pictures too. Thanks for writing this up.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Thanks for sharing. Looks like the two of you had a great trip.
We did thanks. ^

Originally Posted by BHDATC
Great report - the new IB product looks great as does the breakfast option in comparison to CW.
Yes the IB product suits us fine....even better now with the new seat. Big plus for me is the dayflight back to EZE.

Originally Posted by Calchas
This is a great report

Does your understated humour serve you well in Argentina?
They haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by headingwest
Great trip report HIDDY. It's nice to see photos on Iberia metal and the lounge at EZE (I want to go there next year).

Lots of other beautiful pictures too. Thanks for writing this up.
Thanks headingwest....glad you liked it.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Appreciate the report, I've got my first ever IB trip coming up later this year so this was very informative ^
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:20 pm

Great TR - thanks Hiddy. Did you visit the distillery in Dalwhinnie by any chance? Impressed by IB business class ^ and looks like you lucked out on the longhaul configuration 767. Great cottage too. Glad to see your sausages looked properly cooked
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Appreciate the report, I've got my first ever IB trip coming up later this year so this was very informative ^
Hope you have a good flight with Iberia...let us know how you get on.

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Great TR - thanks Hiddy. Did you visit the distillery in Dalwhinnie by any chance? Impressed by IB business class ^ and looks like you lucked out on the longhaul configuration 767. Great cottage too. Glad to see your sausages looked properly cooked
Thanks Flexible preferences....we gave the distillery visit a miss. I have a once you've seen one you've seen them all kind of mentality about them. The 767 made a nice change,the cottage was very relaxing and no complaints about the sausages.....even the HIX ones tasted fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.