Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint, SFO-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
JetBlue posts the monthly menus on its website. Unfortunately, the March menu for eastbound lunch/dinner flights looks much less interesting than the one you had.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
AA and B6 as well as DL provide amenity kits on these premium transcon flights.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Wow, very nice hard product! If they were to offer some sort of lounge offering they would be very competitive.. Beats the hell out of the worn UA cabins.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Thanks for this nicely photographed report. The meal isn't exactly First Class but it looks more than adequate by today's diminished standards. Well done!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Pointiff
Hey FT - first time / long time. Comments appreciated!
Thanks for your excellent report The Pointiff.

Of the six airlines operating premium products in the JFK-to-SFO/LAX market (UA, AA, DL, VX, B6, and QF on LAX<>JFK), JetBlue's Mint product is by far the least expensive, starting at $599 each way.
A minor technical point , QF is not really offering service on LAX-JFK. For legal reasons the flight is only available in connection with an international service.

The seat is remarkable - the solo seats in rows 2 and 4 have sliding doors that add some privacy.
Very interesting for the socially reclusive among us.

$599 each way isn't a bargain, but it's priced very favorably compared to the other airlines' business-class products on this route. I was able to get a fair amount of work done on the flight thanks to the free wi-fi.
I don't think it's badly priced at all.

Originally Posted by DL172
I don't think the door in the solo seats adds much value.
It depends. How often have you sat next to someone who is obviously working on some private or sensitive information in the open? I am surprised often by people working on private financial presentations in Euro business class. Anyway, if you have your own suite, well you aren't going to be working on anything requiring Q or TS clearance, but you could probably work on a commercially sensitive presentation. That would add a lot of value for an employer I think.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
$599 isn't a bargain? With all due respect what do you think is reasonable? If you are traveling on AA or UA during the week you will easily pay half that to fly UA on a peak day. Also consider on AA (for Gold/Plat) or UA (all elites) upgrades aren't free so considering the value of the certificates/miles required to upgrade a Y fare on those flights Mint is a bargain IMO.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
$599 isn't a bargain? With all due respect what do you think is reasonable? If you are traveling on AA or UA during the week you will easily pay half that to fly UA on a peak day. Also consider on AA (for Gold/Plat) or UA (all elites) upgrades aren't free so considering the value of the certificates/miles required to upgrade a Y fare on those flights Mint is a bargain IMO.
And don't forget all of us who are not elites on American programmes who pay for real F or J fares out of our pockets!!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
And don't forget all of us who are not elites on American programmes who pay for real F or J fares out of our pockets!!
Even further proves my point. Maybe what the OP meant to say is $599 is a lot for him/her to spend at this time but relative to that market and the product offered $599 is a steal.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:48 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs up Thanks (-:

Very nice trip report...
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, everyone, for the great feedback!

@AAerSTL: You're absolutely right: $599 each way is a fantastic deal relative to the market. I think there are quite a few people who would balk at paying $1,200 for a domestic round-trip when a coach fare is several multiples less, but among those willing to pay for a premium cabin, Mint is a steal.

The New York Times (link) reports that B6 will operate Mint-configured flights between JFK and Aruba/Barbados starting this November through next April. Sounds like a fantastic way to get to an island paradise for vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.