FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   A business traveller's week on BA and oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1603600-business-travellers-week-ba-oneworld.html)

layz Aug 21, 2014 12:53 am

Originally Posted by AeroWesty (Post 23398386)
Is there a setting for that? I have to manually subscribe to any thread, even if I've posted in it. The dramatic drop in footfall for this thread leads me to believe that others aren't aware of auto-subscription either, if it exists.

I've never been auto subscribed to any threads on FT and I reply to a lot.

There are subscription options in the 'Additional Options' section below the text box I'm using to type this reply. Although for anti-spam reasons I sign up to forums with an email address I hardly ever check so I never make use of this facility.

KARFA Aug 21, 2014 12:56 am

Is Aslan on the prowl yet? Nearly 0800 and no update? Am currently in the CCR with my sister, I may ask to look at the black mug.

Originally Posted by AeroWesty (Post 23398386)
Is there a setting for that? I have to manually subscribe to any thread, even if I've posted in it. The dramatic drop in footfall for this thread leads me to believe that others aren't aware of auto-subscription either, if it exists.

I think it just does it by default. There may be a setting to switch it off though.

Calchas Aug 21, 2014 12:59 am

Originally Posted by layz (Post 23398714)
I've never been auto subscribed to any threads on FT and I reply to a lot.

There are subscription options in the 'Additional Options' section below the text box I'm using to type this reply. Although for anti-spam reasons I sign up to forums with an email address I hardly ever check so I never make use of this facility.

So the "My Flyertalk" page is empty for you?

To be clear: email subscriptions are different. You can be subscribed to a thread without receiving emails about it.

layz Aug 21, 2014 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 23398725)
So the "My Flyertalk" page is empty for you?

To be clear: email subscriptions are different. You can be subscribed to a thread without receiving emails about it.

Oooh, I thought it was the same as email subscriptions!

However, I've looked at 'me fliertalk' for the first time today and it was indeed empty:

There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.
If I ever get a CCR card there'll be no black mug for me, just my own personal pint glass so I can drink LPGS in decent portions ;) I will also wear shorts and attach bronze bag tags to my hand luggage.

Hmm, actually the bronze bag tags might be a good idea just to wind up regular golds trying their luck at the millionaires door!

AeroWesty Aug 21, 2014 1:44 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 23398718)
I think it just does it by default. There may be a setting to switch it off though.

So just to be clear, every thread you post in appears in your MyFlyerTalk as a subscribed thread? I've never ever seen that in 10 years here, and see no option where to turn that on. I only know about the action to manually subscribe to a thread in Thread Tools.

nux Aug 21, 2014 1:45 am

Greatly enjoying this non-trip report.

Originally Posted by layz (Post 23398753)
Oooh, I thought it was the same as email subscriptions!

However, I've looked at 'me fliertalk' for the first time today and it was indeed empty:

Go to MyFlyerTalk -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode

I would guess yours is set to "Do not subscribe". You can change this to "No email" and then it will appear in MyFlyerTalk whenever you post or reply to a thread.

AeroWesty Aug 21, 2014 1:49 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 23398819)
Go to MyFlyerTalk -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode

There it is. Thank you.

Jordan D Aug 21, 2014 3:41 am

Transatlantic ... and not on BA. Well, things just got interesting ...

T8191 Aug 21, 2014 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Jordan D (Post 23399098)
Transatlantic ... and not on BA. Well, things just got interesting ...

Oooooh.

"Stone him" :D

Hoch Aug 21, 2014 3:56 am

I've been waiting for Thursday!

I too have been enjoying this non-trip report. It's been making an otherwise dull week a little bit more interesting.

H

exilencfc Aug 21, 2014 3:59 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 23399122)
Oooooh.

"Stone him" :D

Now now, he may have done NCL-LHR-EDI on BA

Cymro Aug 21, 2014 4:05 am

Originally Posted by exilencfc (Post 23399130)
Now now, he may have done NCL-LHR-EDI on BA

For the tier points?

Technically it's possible but he'd have had a 40-minute, unprotected connection.

Andriyko Aug 21, 2014 5:05 am

Wow! Just wow! I just caught up with your travels through Wednesday. Thank you for finding the time to write this TR. A truly fascinating and entertaining read.^

Calchas Aug 21, 2014 5:14 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 23377338)

They let you take a phone that size in your hand luggage? ;)

BigEyedFish Aug 21, 2014 5:51 am

Great trip 'un'report ...... it's fascinating be a voyeur and see inside the life of someone who (it seems) lives on the road. In a year, do you spend more days at home or in a hotel?