Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Letters from Lisbon - British Airways Euro Traveller inc. lounges (w/pics)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Letters from Lisbon - British Airways Euro Traveller inc. lounges (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for all of the comments!

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
BTW: Do you take some sort of wipes on the plane to clean the windows for optimal photos?
I don't, although on the return sector I did have to clean one of the windows with a tissue as it was rather dirty!

Originally Posted by CMK10
Incidentally, is the train to the airport new? I seem to remember taking a bus there and back.
The metro was extended to the airport in 2012.

Originally Posted by DanielW
Do you head out to Belém? Good place to visit too.
I did! Some of my photos in Day 3 above are from Belém.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
Awesome TR! When I first started scrolling down the pictures, I was struck by how much nicer is CX's lounge in comparison to AA. Made me feel vaguely proud.

Your photos really captured the mood of Lisbon! Hopefully I will get to visit soon!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
That was a really good read! I'm off to Lisbon on Sunday for 3 nights so it was nice to see a trip report on the city. I know I've got one less day there than you but would you recommend getting the train up to Sintra? Is it something that could be achievable in a just a morning or an afternoon?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Somehow I missed this.....which is unusual as you usually give your new reports a good plug elsewhere.

Despite you saying otherwise I've not been to Lisbon. It does look a lovely city I see the jacaranda trees were in flower when you were there. Hotel looks pretty good and the flight isn't all that long so rather than pay for an upgrade a seat in economy makes sense especially if you have lounge access.

Very nice report. ^
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the recent comments!

Originally Posted by perthflyer
I know I've got one less day there than you but would you recommend getting the train up to Sintra? Is it something that could be achievable in a just a morning or an afternoon?
Apologies, I only just saw the latest comments! How was your trip? I probably would've said give Sintra a miss if you only have a morning or afternoon, as there is plenty to see and do in Lisbon city centre. Did you end up going?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.