Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific First to New York, & a sombre visit to the 9/11 Memorial Museum (CX F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific First to New York, & a sombre visit to the 9/11 Memorial Museum (CX F)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks for finishing this one up. I'm sorry there will be no more updates but I eagerly look forward to your next report ^
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Really great TR with superb photos. Thanks for taking the trouble to compile it all, I know we all appreciate the effort. I look forward to your next trip!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:21 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Awesome TR ^ one of the best ones I've read recently and it inspired me to try this route for myself shortly! So def thanks a bunch for sharing your experience. Wish they still served caviar tho
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, IHG, SPG, CC
Great TR! Thank you for sharing it!

Your report knocked LH out of top slot on my list of "1st Class Cabin Aspirations"!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by yerffej201

I like CX F although I really dislike the new fabric - it's really staticky and I'd take the unrefurbished F seat any day.
Thanks yerffej201 - can't say that I can offer a comparison between the two products. I personally didn't find any issues with the static on these flights that I can recall.

Originally Posted by offerendum
I will next year. While my wife is excited about the Hotels, I`m excited about the flight

OK, and the Hotels as well....
Thank you offerendum. Its' a great manageable trip.

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Thank you so much for sharing!
Thanks for your support alexisonsmith.

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I would recommend The Bowery Hotel or The SoHo Grand.
I'll have to keep those places in mind for our next trip JVPhoto. MrsWT73 is wanting to make the CX F NYC adventure an annual trip so I might be back before I know it.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Thanks for finishing this one up. I'm sorry there will be no more updates but I eagerly look forward to your next report ^
Thanks again for your support CMK10.

Originally Posted by FIRSTclstraveller
Really great TR with superb photos. Thanks for taking the trouble to compile it all, I know we all appreciate the effort. I look forward to your next trip!
I'm glad you enjoyed it Firstclstraveller. I can't fly exotically all the time although we sure wish we always could.

Originally Posted by McNandez
Great TR! Thank you for sharing it!

Your report knocked LH out of top slot on my list of "1st Class Cabin Aspirations"!
McNandez - CX F is pretty stellar. i've been lucky enough to fly both CX F and LH F. Each have their advantages. Sure, there is no limo ride with CX but the suite is so much nicer than the LH seats (my opinion). Food is comparable in high quality but in different ways. Either way, you'll have a great time.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
The point of the post was to share the experience. A small tip was left. We were called on it. . . . .
Forget the tip brouhaha, the fact that: (1) you thought Little Italy "had great restaurants"; and (2) that Osteria Laguna -- a true tourist trap -- was worth trying out is more egregious.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
CX F is pretty stellar. i've been lucky enough to fly both CX F and LH F. Each have their advantages. Sure, there is no limo ride with CX but the suite is so much nicer than the LH seats (my opinion). . . . .
Which LH F product was this?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hairpeace
Forget the tip brouhaha, the fact that: (1) you thought Little Italy "had great restaurants"; and (2) that Osteria Laguna -- a true tourist trap -- was worth trying out is more egregious.
Originally Posted by hairpeace
Which LH F product was this?
New York City has well over 1,500 restaurants. I guess you can't be faulted for not knowing all of them on your second trip Some of the countries that we've travelled, we'd have been lucky to have a Zagat rated restaurant, let alone chairs, cleanliness and hygienic food preparation.

Hairpeace, our last experience on LH F was on the A330 equipment - in the older interior. A nice comfortable seat, but the Cathay seating arrangement of 1-1-1 beats 1-2-1 in my books any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.