Wiki Posts
Search

Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
In flagship lounge having shower. My next flight boards at 5.30. Let me know if you are around.
I here! Are you on ft in the shower? At far end from the showers near the chess board. Blue checked shirt.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:20 pm

Success, mini FT DO currently in the flagship lounge at lax with myself and chris1979.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
I here! Are you on ft in the shower? At far end from the showers near the chess board. Blue checked shirt.
FT in the shower is best place!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:20 pm

Well the tiredness is having an effect as I started to nod off in the lounge after chris1979 left. Currently in the air between LAX and LAS and this is the first flight I have had with wifi on this trip. Gate to gate to time looks like 60 mins. Drink service only due to flight time.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Success, mini FT DO currently in the flagship lounge at lax with myself and chris1979.
Great to see you again and catch up - especially as didn't think we'd cross paths.

Have made it back to SFO - 10 flights in 2 days. Exhausting but great fun.

Enjoy the rest of your travels.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:25 pm

Great to see you again and catch up - especially as didn't think we'd cross paths.

Enjoy the rest of your travels.
Good to meet you as well. I thought my 16 flights in 7 days was tough! Enjoy your flights home.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Good to meet you as well. I thought my 16 flights in 7 days was tough! Enjoy your flights home.
Guys - both of your itineraries are tough! Take it from someone who knows!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Still a few hours behind. Just got to flagship in LAX.

As foretold by Karfa, there was some turbulence, but we still landed about 45 minutes early, meaning that I had plenty of time to go landside for a ciggie ;-). Turns out there's a door marked American Flagship next to the smoking area which leads straight to a lift up to security (requires you to already have your boarding pass, and to educate the door guardian what Emerald means).

Not looking forward to killing five or six hours in MIA tomorrow morning before STT flight - just hope I don't doze off and miss it!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Just one data point which may be of interest to some as I know there problems previously... TPs and Avios are posting from AA flights just as quickly as if they were BA ones (so far !)
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:04 pm

Hi flibby. Was just looking at your flight to see when you arrived in MIA and if there was enough overlap to meet. I notice aa1178 is showing as delayed by 10 hrs. Really hope that's wrong.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by flibbly
Just one data point which may be of interest to some as I know there problems previously... TPs and Avios are posting from AA flights just as quickly as if they were BA ones (so far !)
My aa lax-HNL flight has posted so quite quick since it was yesterday. My BRU-LHR and LHR-lax have both posted with no avios or TPs. Seems like a call is going to be needed when I am back in the uk
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:15 pm

Hi flibby. Was just looking at your flight to see when you arrived in MIA and if there was enough overlap to meet. I notice aa1178 is showing as delayed by 10 hrs. Really hope that's wrong.
Yes I was just about to head down to the gate and it's now showing 9am tomorrow instead of 10.45 tonight. There is an 11.55 service too though and lounge guardian is trying to sort me out now. Fingers crossed ....
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:40 pm

Apparently 11.55 is full so he's trying to get me there via a variety of other routes but with no joy so far.

There's another guy here who was supposed to be on the same flight. He started kicking off big time, but having seen that I appear to be getting priority whilst being very placid about it all, he has now apologised for his earlier outburst in an attempt to get some more attention. It makes for a fun floor show while I'm waiting ;-)
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Currently sat in HNL Admirals waiting to connect to lax. I've had 9 hours here wandering around and swimming, currently exhausted. Not really up for the slog down to STT. Hoping for a sleepy trip over to LA, going to break out the travel pillow.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:37 am

Hi wonderman. Sounds like a tough day for you especially if you are already tired at HNL. The 757s from HNL to lax are not that easy to sleep on. Just arrived at Mia and boarding to SJU in 20 mins. I think when I get there I am just going to go to bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.