Reload this Page >

Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
dont want to hijack your thread but equally, didn't really want to start another live TP thread but have just - for the first time ever - had young AA CC.

Very nice efficient lady in her 20s together with another "younger" (by AA standards) lady (in her 40s) for the First cabin.

Also had a brand new 738. Not great sleep on the overnight but it was only a 4h 15 min flight from LAX to MIA.

Same-plane-turnaround in CUN #1, here I come....
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
And I've run into issues on mine but thankfully being looked after by great concierge key lady who is looking after a VIP and has taken pity on me......

Fingers crossed it will all work out but a/c went tech whilst taxing and is now being replaced. Same plane in CUN might be a bit tighter as almost overlaps with another AA flight and 4 hour stop in MIA after has already now melted to 2 and we haven't set off..... Adrenaline.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Hang in there chris1979 - stay calm - I'm sure it will all sort itself out.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Wirelessly posted (Nexus 5: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; Nexus 5 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I guess I beat the crowd - I'm already on the return part of my HNL run. No live TR from me, as I've been bogged down with work, but I may try posting a non-live one when I get back home.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn
Hang in there chris1979 - stay calm - I'm sure it will all sort itself out.
Thank you. Airborne now (with free wifi which I've never used before but is very good). Hoping same plane turnaround will still work. Was worried we'd land just after the "later" AA flight and thus have long immigration queues but we are actually 45 mins behind them.

I was going to have 4 hours in Miami so wasn't worried about clearing immigration and was looking forward to a shower and bite. Now due to land at 2.23 with next flight departing at 3.30 ie boarding at 3 so no shower or rest and am hoping for express connections to the there.

Worst case, if they put me on a later flight to LAX, should still make flight back to MIA but would like my flight as it's a 763 and looking forward to some sleep.

Argh. Am sure it'll all be fine. We pushed back early at 6.50am this morning so was going so well - until we returned to gate with technical problem.

Have to say the concierge key team that I piggy bagged on was very good - buggies to gate, handling of boarding pass etc

They and all the crew I have spoken to think I am mad but I have told them there are crazier people on here than my trip.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by JonV
Wirelessly posted (Nexus 5: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; Nexus 5 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I guess I beat the crowd - I'm already on the return part of my HNL run. No live TR from me, as I've been bogged down with work, but I may try posting a non-live one when I get back home.
I am mindful we are crowding a different live TR here - maybe we should have joint ones. Oh the joys.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
I think these trips should be measured in ice cream sundaes consumed Best of luck to you buddy, I hope its not all gone wrong yet
Do you ask for a Baileys to pour over it? very nice
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA silver
Missed you on the same flight!

Waiting for my flight into SFO now. No showers in admirals lounge... Sad face.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:23 pm

So I made the same plane turn around in CUN. Flight was 3 hours late and that meant there was a wide body arriving at the same time. Did some running and cursing and "why am I doing this". But once I was back on board, "checking in" with the captain (cabin crew change but flight deck crew was same and he had joked that he'd wait for me), I was thinking "why am I not doing more of this" (am doing it again tomorrow).

Then came MIA. We landed at 14.03 which made me hopeful of making, my 15.30 to LAX and thus the 763 with comfy sleep. I had checked with crew if there was express connections as I had seen in NY. The gate agent knew of nothing so I marched on and hit the biggest cheque for a cheque (they were holding people in a queue before letting them into the main cheque) I have seen. Absolute disgrace in my opinion for the airport and city.

No help from AA whatsoever and the border guys weren't interested in anyone who asked them about connections. It took 2+ hours (and I did a fair bit of cheque jumping which made me very uncomfortable). Clearly a busy time but disappointing that AA didn't do anything for connecting pax on a 3 hour delayed flight.

Anyway, I was readily to battle and explain that it wasn't about getting to my final destination but that - between the 2 tickets - I had to do 3 more transcons (wouldn't have been bothered about missing out the CUN 80 TPs or even the LAX SFO 60 right the end) and weren't going to accept Y even if that meant shouting until they changed both tickets.

Luckily though, the connecting agent got me an F seat on the 6pm. 1A on 757 isn't great compared to my 3D on the 763 but hey, pretty tired so will sleep either way. Leaves me an hour and 10 mins in LAX before back to Miami so dinner there (plus possibly shower but about to grab one in Miami).

4 flights down, 6 to go during these 52 hours and it feels like much longer. But it's been fun. ;-) hoping I am not tempting fate.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Made LAX on time. Good cc and the boyfriend of one of them on the UD was a FO on the flight as well. I chatted to her quite a lot in the UD galley. Anyway, she arranged for me to visit the flight deck after we landed. Went up and had a nice chat with the sfo and sat in the captain's chair. After a long wait at immigration I have walked across to T4 and am in the flagship lounge awaiting my flight to HNL in just under 2 hours.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BugAlugs
I was confident that I was sat behind you on the flight to Helsinki and I will see you on the BA01 tomorrow :-D (not at all stalky in anyway)
Was it you I bumped into at the Boeing factory tour today?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:58 pm

Argh. Admirals club in Miami couldn't check my into my flights for tomorrow (CUN - MIA and onwards). I also tried online and doesn't work. They and the website says "see agent at airport" which on a same plane turnaround in CUN isn't going to work. Will try again in flagship lounge in LA once landed (and again tomorrow in MIA) but might have to change flight to later one which means overnighting in LAX. Aa.com is giving me option of changing flight so am hoping that I'll be ok even if they just tell me in CUN that I am too late to check in and put me on later flights?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
Argh. Admirals club in Miami couldn't check my into my flights for tomorrow (CUN - MIA and onwards). I also tried online and doesn't work. They and the website says "see agent at airport" which on a same plane turnaround in CUN isn't going to work. Will try again in flagship lounge in LA once landed (and again tomorrow in MIA) but might have to change flight to later one which means overnighting in LAX. Aa.com is giving me option of changing flight so am hoping that I'll be ok even if they just tell me in CUN that I am too late to check in and put me on later flights?
I had that too. In my case I was able to check in to my outward but not my return from CUN. Problem was there were no hotel details stated in my booking. One of the AA staff at MIA really should be able to work out where the problem is. On their systems they normally get an error code when they can't check in a pax, and they can look up what the error code means.

Alternatively when you arrive to check in at LAX (?) for your second trip to CUN, just ask the check in agent to print off all your BCs (there and back) - they should be able to do that fine.

Last edited by billinghamn; Apr 15, 2014 at 11:13 pm
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
How's it going? Have you got it sorted? I got in to HNL about 4 hours ago and have just been having a few drinks with LondonAndy in a revolving bar in Honolulu. We lit a candle for you
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:05 am

LAX flagship lounge angels (took 3 of them) after 40 mins managed it. No idea how (not sure they do either). Worked all fine 1st time around but not 2nd.

Now in MIA just in from overnight from LAX waiting for flight to CUN and back,onwards to LAX and "home" for 3 days to SFO.

Enjoy HNL and thanks for comment Billingham.

Am a bit tired and not sure how to feel but good trip. Might do a write up of sorts or at least a "lessons learned" to supplement billinghams very useful list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.