Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Five Days In Japan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boyerling3
Brilliant TR again, Daniel! I visited Japan a year ago (Osaka and Okinawa) and am contemplating going again this June (Okinawa and Tokyo). You're TR may have just convinced me.

Where's the next trip?
Thanks, boyerling3, yes I'm dreaming of a return trip already.

Just booked the flight for my next trip, on Iran Air to Shiraz, on a 20+ year old Fokker 100.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Great pictures, Daniel Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip report I just love Japan
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Great pictures, Daniel Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip report I just love Japan
Thanks, thefilipinotraveler. Yes, I was very enamoured of Japan too.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Thanks for another great trip report! I am going there next week (focusing on just Tokyo) for 6 days.

Q: Where is the matinee performance in Ginza? I've read about this but am not sure which place is it. I'm a budget person so 1000 Yen is right up my alley...how early did you need to get there/what time is the matinee?

is this it? http://www.kabuki-bito.jp/eng/conten.../kabukiza.html
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Great report. You are an excellent photographer!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nice report. It really brings back some memories from my trips to Japan, and even though I was there earlier this year I'm still longing for a re-visit. Your pictures are stunning, keep up the good work!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daichovo
Thanks for another great trip report! I am going there next week (focusing on just Tokyo) for 6 days.

Q: Where is the matinee performance in Ginza? I've read about this but am not sure which place is it. I'm a budget person so 1000 Yen is right up my alley...how early did you need to get there/what time is the matinee?

is this it? http://www.kabuki-bito.jp/eng/conten.../kabukiza.html
Thanks, Daichovo, yes, that's the place. Just along from the fish markets. You might have to stand in the theatre instead of actual seats if you start queuing later (I started to queue about 15 mins before the actual performance and had to stand, but you can lean against a wall so wasn't too tiring) but if just want to watch one session (which was enough for me) for cheap, it's the way to go.

Originally Posted by UTex09
Great report. You are an excellent photographer!
Cheers, UTex09, just lots of practice.

Originally Posted by LH4116
Nice report. It really brings back some memories from my trips to Japan, and even though I was there earlier this year I'm still longing for a re-visit. Your pictures are stunning, keep up the good work!
Thanks, LH4116, just packing for my next trip now.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: CA, OZ, HU, SPG
5D3 is a really bodybuilding camera for travelling !

But thanks for these excellent pictures!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: EK
Thank you for these very beautifull reports, my preffered (jointly with Jason's reports), and I wish much more travels, duly reported of course.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:44 am

Gorgeous pictures! Love the TR. Makes me really miss my Japan trip this past summer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.