Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Boeing 777 Business Class HKG-SFO - great product and perfect service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Boeing 777 Business Class HKG-SFO - great product and perfect service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FT

hello again,

during plenty of flights in the last couple of days, I totally forgot to complete the review for the CX C, best business seat ever.

Lounge in HKG:

The plane

As nice as the lounges are, at some time we had to go ;-). The Boeing 777 with the registration B-KPP was already waiting.

The new business class product in the Boeing 777-300 is offered by Cathay on several flights. If you fly from Germany you can get it guaranteed between Hong Kong and Frankfurt and arrive totally relaxed after 12 hours in the metropole of Asia.

Cathay Pacific divides seats into two different cabin areas: the first two rows (11 and 12) are placed behind the curtain to first class (two rows in 1-1-1). They are arranged in a 1-2-1 constellation and skewed like in the new BusinessClass of American Airlines (Review), in a kind of fishbone pattern, so every seat has access to the corridor. Immediately behind them you find a toilet on the left and right and then the Gallay. Then follow the other rows configured in the same arrangement.

The best seat is clearly in row 11, A or K if you are alone or twosome. Since the cabin is very small, its also very quiet and service can rush through it quickly. Especially when travelling at night you can get some extra sleep, plus the cabin can be darkened. A similar choice of seats with small cabin can be found at Swiss, in the 787 by British Airways or at American Airlines.

The seat

For me personally its the best seat I have every tried in the business class market. The skewness and depth creates a feeling comparable to first class products. Its more than 2 meters longs, really flat and bride. More in the pictures.

In the recent years I flew so much and have seen all kinds of products, so I can judge them pretty well. One thing has to be said: the service was brilliant. Ive hardly experienced anything like that. And I cannot sign the criticism young stewards and stewardesses sometimes get.

Starting with a friendly welcome, followed by approaching always with a smile and being helpful they get 10 out of 10 points from me. Additionally comes the great product, which is first choice for me on flight form Hong Kong. I will also fly from Frankfurt a couple of times in the future, so I can enjoy this great product.

Here read the full review:
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Meh
I agree best biz seat in the air.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Great TR Sven. Cant wait to try this out in a couple weeks.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC

Another thumbs-up for the CX 77W J seat and especially the mini-cabin. I had 12G, and while a window would have been even better, it was still a very comfortable and quiet space.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flew this from LHR-HKG last week, completely agree that it's the best business class seat out there. Even I who usually cannot sleep on planes got a good 5 hours on it
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:14 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Flew this from LHR-HKG last week, completely agree that it's the best business class seat out there. Even I who usually cannot sleep on planes got a good 5 hours on it
I was just thinking that my two recent long-hauls with KL newish J provided me with the only decent sleep I've ever had in-flight.

That said, I'll have to try out CX long-haul J next time...
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
I agree the newer J on CX seat is the best there is in business class. Food not so much. But all in all. hard to do much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.