Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR) TRIP REPORT!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR) TRIP REPORT!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
On QR they serve caviar too and most of it gets thrown away. The head of waste management there proposed getting rid of it but that proved politically difficult.
I'd take it home, plant it and hope to grow some fresh fish with it!

I like the look of the Sofitel burger with fried egg on top. Would the CCR be open to such requests? I did ask in the flounge once if I could have bacon on my burger and they said they couldn't.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:35 am
Suspended

On QR they serve caviar too and most of it gets thrown away. The head of waste management there proposed getting rid of it but that proved politically difficult.
I'm sure more than caviar is thrown away.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

I am not sure that caviar would be the best way to spend the budget. Do most F travellers really like it?
Caviar is vile, wouldn't touch it.

There must be a lot if waste anyway. When I flew F to SEA the cabin crew were trying to ply us all with drink but everyone was drinking tea,coffee or water.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by correctioncx
I'm sure more than caviar is thrown away.
Caviar is the perfect storm of high waste and high cost though.

If you throw away vegetables and even some meat then it can be justified. You can even throw a lot of vegetables and a fair amount of meat away in the interests of customer service.

But in the case of a high cost and high waste item such as caviar (if caviar is or would be high waste) the money can be better spent elsewhere. I for one would rather BA invested their catering budget in things other than caviar.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Really enjoyed the enthusiasm showed, and 'I didn't want Moscow but wanted BA F' was a great comment.
Be warned though that you're creating a monster, MrsSl1ppy won't travel anywhere over 3 hrs in economy anymore ...
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:48 am
Suspended

Caviar is the perfect storm of high waste and high cost though.

If you throw away vegetables and even some meat then it can be justified. You can even throw a lot of vegetables and a fair amount of meat away in the interests of customer service.

But in the case of a high cost and high waste item such as caviar (if caviar is or would be high waste) the money can be better spent elsewhere. I for one would rather BA invested the money in other things.
Like what? By the way I thought u r only 23?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I think it is a mistake to necessarily buy more expensive ingredients, although in some cases (e.g. vegetables) high quality is welcome. Instead I would invest the money in new menu development and innovative cooking processes to ensure economical cuts of meat (e.g. short rib, chicken thigh) taste good at altitude.

I am 31, not 23 - where did you get that idea from?!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Ridding the world of castelnau would be a great investment

I think 6F is somewhere between late 20's and early 30's.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:59 am
Suspended

I think it is a mistake to necessarily buy more expensive ingredients, although in some cases (e.g. vegetables) high quality is welcome. Instead I would invest the money in new menu development and innovative cooking processes to ensure economical cuts of meat (e.g. short rib, chicken thigh) taste good at altitude.

I am 31, not 23 - where did you get that idea from?!
From the photo I saw i thought u just finished college ?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:06 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Dear Olybeast. Trip reports are often as interesting to me as the boyhood of Mau Tse-Tung or the singing career of Imelda Marcos.

You are clearly a lovely man and because you give a little back to the crew they love it. I read on here constantly about moans and, of course, about how dreadful everything is. Then along you come and put all that nonsense in its perspective with this joyous TR. Ignore all the sourpusses, and remember that what you put into life, you always get back. BTW I am certain that I have had you aboard as - and I hope that you will not be in the least bit offended - you remind me of Brains from Thunderbirds. Did you ever see the commercial with him dancing to Snaps Rhythm is a Dancer? I bet that you and the lovely lady with you light up any dance floor more that Jo Lo!!

For all this - dare I ask - would you like to be a Mucci?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
This is a great report. I have always wanted to go to Moscow. I have always maintained that a nice long haul premium cabin flight on British airways is one of life's great pleasures.

The sense of humour failure on the trip report forum is something to behold, certainly.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Doesn't take a lot to make a simple change to the post if others take offence. It would be a sign of maturity.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Doesn't take a lot to make a simple change to the post if others take offence. It would be a sign of maturity.
I would argue that if you were offended then it is you that needs to grow up.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Disagree but I will leave it at that as don't want to lower myself It is a great TR with a but......................
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

An excellent report.
One thing Oly...I remember you complaining on here at the time that you weren't given caviar on the outbound due to a shortage. Did you receive any feedback from BA about that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.