Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR) TRIP REPORT!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold

Hi guys,

I have finally written that trip report to moscow!!! see here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...r-dme-lhr.html

Not as crazy as my RTW trip but definitely more luxurious.

It wouldn't have been possible without you all (especially Raffles) so thank you everyone. I am well on my way to having enough avios for my next trip
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Great report, I do hope that Miss redhead/mrs olybeast to be (?) has recovered from having her face scribbled all over in black marker pen

Keep up the good work.

cs
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:31 pm

Ah, the peasantgate TR

I am amazed by the number of people with no sense of humour on FT

Great TR- I'm flying this route in F next summer and I will be spending a week in Russia before we visit Mrs S's folks in Eastern Latvia, so I find it both useful and enjoyable. You don't write many, but you save it for the big gigs!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Beautiful Trip Report! Your pictures are really good!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: CX gold
Great read, and btw, if you say you can't take pictures, I might be Santa!

Thank you so much for your report! Loved the irony of the whole thing!

In your next report try to mention EX UK fares!!! It will give you even more reactions that you have now

safe travels

TT
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Brilliant! Love the 747 in the snow. Can't believe those humourless comments!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thanks for sharing your experience of your first F with us,
your enthusiasm showed in your writing and the photos which were great and the food looked good, wow you were lucky to get an almost empty F out and just the 2 of you coming back, imagine not heard of very often, and how nice of BA to put you up in the Sofitel for the night, but suppose having missed your connection something had to be done. The cabana area looked good and the obligatory glasses of champagne stood very well. It looked jolly cold in DME, still you have left UK in snow, so I suppose it did not come as a surprise to arrive at your destination with snow. I expect now you are now saving for the next experience in F. Thanks again for sharing the experience with us.^
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold

Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad you all liked it! It was a great journey and yes we are saving up for more F flights. The other half doesn't want to go back to Russia tho so no more cheap first! Even though I have a 241 now lol
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
That caviar looks great.

Would be so nice if they would make it standard in F!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by olybeast
Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad you all liked it! It was a great journey and yes we are saving up for more F flights. The other half doesn't want to go back to Russia tho so no more cheap first! Even though I have a 241 now lol

We can offer some route suggestions if you give us some hints what you want from holidays ?

cs
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:50 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Great report ^ I'm going to DME in J/F next year on a 241 with a friend who has never flown higher than WT+. As if I wasn't looking forward to it enough already, this report really helped me remember what it's like to fly in a premium cabin for the first time, and how lucky I am that I can do it fairly regularly now. Good work OP!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jmc1K
That caviar looks great.

Would be so nice if they would make it standard in F!
I am not sure that caviar would be the best way to spend the budget. Do most F travellers really like it?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I am not sure that caviar would be the best way to spend the budget. Do most F travellers really like it?
Yes! On CX they serve it on all long haul F routes with balik salmon!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I enjoyed the report. You really love LPGS don't you

Some people don't understand the British sense of humour. I remember cracking similar remarks to my partner when I first flew F. (It was on AF when I needed to burn my FB miles before a devaluation). To be fair AF business class looked so poor it did look like a pleb class compared to F.

For those who think your serious they must have noticed the humorous comment about the finest food being at your fingertips. Although to be fair I love a BaxterStorey breakfast so for me there's not much they could improve at that time of day for me!

My two BA F's have been on the 747. Got a trip on the 380 coming up and I'm sure to enjoy it.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by correctioncx
Yes! On CX they serve it on all long haul F routes with balik salmon!
On QR they serve caviar too and most of it gets thrown away. The head of waste management there proposed getting rid of it but that proved politically difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.