Reload this Page >

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: olybeast
If the pictures aren't showing because I've run out of free hosting bandwidth, then please come back next month! I think my bandwidth resets on the 9th
Print Wikipost

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Lacking sense of humor is a genetic affliction.
"We passed the CW peasants" is a funny irony.
Very nice TR. I'm glad you've enjoyed your trip.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: Concorde Lounge Card
Originally Posted by KeepDiscovering
Agreed with LH4116 and benchardf.

I'd really appreciate the 'joke' if OP described themselves as a couple of peasants moving towards the nose of the big bird, like how he described others. That's called inconsiderate.
For Heavens sake! Lighten up. The lad had very clearly been looking forward to his trip for ages, that is shown by his many pictures and his witty comments.

I laughed when I read the peasant comment and almost fell off my chair when I reached the photos where he had scrawled all over his gf's face.

A good read and laugh!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Originally Posted by heramato
Lacking sense of humor is a genetic affliction.
"We passed the CW peasants" is a funny irony.
Very nice TR. I'm glad you've enjoyed your trip.
I agree!

The OP makes it quite clear from the start that he is only BAEC Blue, has very limited experience in Club and that First was something he was excited about and had to save hard for.

This clearly makes him one of the "peasants" (and I would include myself in that category) and his use of the word is clearly ironic.

Its all about context.

Great report and thanks for making the effort to share.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great photos Oly and a very interesting report....in fact one of the best BA F reports I've read. ^

Got to agree that calling people peasants/gate lice/the great unwashed is not de rigueur on Flyertalk any more as t's not very nice. I know you're more used to economy travel anyway so I shall forgive your sudden lapse into the world of premium class snobbery.

Your girl is a dead ringer for my niece.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:57 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Nice report - thanks for posting - your enthusiasm was palpable

Ignore those with a sense of humour bypass

Last edited by NoY; Nov 1, 2013 at 9:16 pm
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Great report; I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the first "peasant" comment. We are all commoners at the end of the day. Specially if we have time to religiously post on this board
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Got to say its been a great read.

I'm so glad that you got to experience a wonderful First experience for your birthday.

Flying in the pointy end can make you feel priviledge, now that I do it for most of my flights, gratitude is more the term I use to describe it, grateful that i can afford it even if its on points.

Good to see that the old class structures might be slipping a bit in the UK.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Really enjoyed reading your trip report. It's great to see people, like me, who save up there Avios for those special treats. Not all of us get to fly F/J at someone else's expense and then spend out TR's moaning about the temperature of the wine. LOL to see your girlfriend's choice of reading matter - bet that wasn't in the First class magazine rack! Good on yer mate.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
Originally Posted by NoY
Nice report - thanks for posting - your enthusiasm was palpable

Ignore those with a sense of humour bypass
+1 on both counts!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:28 am

Thanks for posting this trip report - I really enjoyed it. I got the irony and it made me smile.

Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:39 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
With this kind of loads in F class that I see in your pictures, I expect BA to drop F class service on that route and switch all the metals to 787.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
With this kind of loads in F class that I see in your pictures, I expect BA to drop F class service on that route and switch all the metals to 787.
Now now NA, it's already been proven that jokes are not welcome in this thread, we all know that 787's aren't metal so quit fooling around
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
The F service was introduced due to lobbying at the very highest level (at one of DC's meetings with Putin, I think), so I'd be surprised if BA are quick to drop it.

As for the peasants comments, I think several people could do with a sense of humour reboot.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The enthusiasm and excitement shines through clearly, olybeast ... a delightful TR with a light touch and a lack of pretension.

BTW, as a Silver peasant, I understood the humour perfectly well
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Fantastic trip report olybeast. ^

I was so pleased that you and your lass had such a great time as I know that you were really looking forward to it.

Ignore the haters. The anti-snobbery squad (including anti-ironic snobbery) are nothing but giant reverse snobs themselves!

I note that you spent 120k Avios on the ticket. If you had an Amex 241 voucher those Avios could have taken you in F to a destination like Chicago, New York or Dubai, twice the distance and accordingly twice the flying time as Moscow!

When is the next one?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.