Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Australia & Fiji *PHOTOS* 29k Miles / 5 Carriers - WN Y, VA J, QF Y & J, FJ J, & KE J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Australia & Fiji *PHOTOS* 29k Miles / 5 Carriers - WN Y, VA J, QF Y & J, FJ J, & KE J

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:47 pm

Its good I found this link. I will review your report in detail to assist us with our trip to Australia/New Zealand next year. Just browsing through I can see a lot work was put in posting but also a report of a very successful and enjoyable trip.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Aug 24, 2014 at 10:02 am
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:43 pm

What an excellent report.

I really like the way you organised each segment so all one needs to do is click.

You were certainly rushed with only a short stay in each location!

I have never understood why anyone would climb Urulu when it is made very obvious to all who go there that this is not wanted by the aboriginal people. The walk round is fine. Why do people want to be offensive? Seems ignorant to me.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
I have never understood why anyone would climb Urulu when it is made very obvious to all who go there that this is not wanted by the aboriginal people. The walk round is fine. Why do people want to be offensive? Seems ignorant to me.
Most likely the walk around is not appreciated nor are the tourist period. That typically is so everywhere unless the natives have an interest in it. I certainly don't care for the "outsiders" in my neighborhood park or even in my back alley.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Its good I found this link. I will review your report in detail to assist us with our trip to Australia/New Zealand next year. Just blousing through I can see a lot work was put in posting but also a report of a very successful and enjoyable trip.
Thanks for reading - I hope my report helps with your trip planning!

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
What an excellent report.

I really like the way you organised each segment so all one needs to do is click.

You were certainly rushed with only a short stay in each location!
Thanks for the compliments! We definitely kept moving during our trip in order to see a lot - it is the price we pay for limited vacation time.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: UA, IHG
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Thanks for reading - I hope my report helps with your trip planning!

Thanks for the compliments! We definitely kept moving during our trip in order to see a lot - it is the price we pay for limited vacation time.
I second your sentiments. We are in the same boat ... well, plus we pay for the trips too, as we don't have so many points accumulated :-(

That said, thanks for this report, though it is too late for us - we already returned from our trip to Australia before I saw your report :-)

One more question - how do you get to imbed the maps? I want to add that to my reports as well.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:34 am

OMG! This is an epic report!

Thanks a lot for sharing.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by an_asker
I second your sentiments. We are in the same boat ... well, plus we pay for the trips too, as we don't have so many points accumulated :-(

That said, thanks for this report, though it is too late for us - we already returned from our trip to Australia before I saw your report :-)

One more question - how do you get to imbed the maps? I want to add that to my reports as well.
Glad you enjoyed my TR! Hope you enjoyed your Australia trip as much as we enjoyed our trip!

The maps are images - I use gcmap to render the images and then save the images. So, the maps are embedded the same way as all of the other photos.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
OMG! This is an epic report!

Thanks a lot for sharing.
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed it - thanks for reading!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: UA, IHG
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Glad you enjoyed my TR! Hope you enjoyed your Australia trip as much as we enjoyed our trip!

The maps are images - I use gcmap to render the images and then save the images. So, the maps are embedded the same way as all of the other photos.
We sure enjoyed Australia and at least the weather did not cause us too much grief (though I would be lying if I were to say that we were completely unaffected!).

Thanks for the information about the maps. I will update/enhance my trip reports :-)
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by an_asker
We sure enjoyed Australia and at least the weather did not cause us too much grief (though I would be lying if I were to say that we were completely unaffected!).

Thanks for the information about the maps. I will update/enhance my trip reports :-)
Glad to hear it! No problem - happy I could help. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.