The First Class Experience with Garuda Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The First Class Experience with Garuda Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Great report and the product looks great. I knew that GA were trying to rebrand themselves but had no idea that they were going this far. It's nice to see that they employees all took such pride in trying to establish GA as a premium carrier to compete with SQ & CX.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Garuda looks great! I've avoided flying the airline - and it seems like I'm tempted to try it out, after many good reviews... Thanks for the report...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, TK Elite, A3 Gold
Fantastic trip report! And especially great to see a report on a new product that is not reviewed much. The service looks stellar and on par if not exceeding some of the best Asian carriers.

Wonder if GA F would be available through Skypass miles.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
so good to hear that GA has really done a good service for First Class

There Executive service has been outstanding since about 2010, way and above what you would expect

The only issue is that now the ticket prices are so much higher
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: NZ, QF
Garuda's 1st class suite looks similar to Emirates', with a more elegant colour scheme
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Really nice!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 3:49 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Wow. Shocked at the apparently very high quality of the food. The seating also looks superb. In fact everything looks top notch. Hope (inevitable?) cost cutting doesn't spoil it. Actually, it makes certain other so-called premium F class look quite ordinary

Excellent report ^
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
What can one say WOW WOW WOW, the ground service I believe surpasses any other carrier, what I thought was amazing was the ground staff carried on your roll on in CGK and put it in the overhead locker, no straining the back from your point of view. The soft product was another 5 star even to having the red bag put down for you to take off your shoes and put on the slippers. Food looked amazing, I was totally full myself after reading both out and back reports. Would love to travel like that. It seems that the crew were always one step in front of you. Amazing and thanks again for a fantastic report^^
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Well then. Looks like there's a new player in the First Class game. And it looks like they're very, very competitive. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure a lot of us would have never known how outstanding they are.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
WOW!!
That's what I was going to say. Looks like there is another player in the First class market I never knew about.

Thanks for the TR.

What other routes is this First Class product on?

Last edited by spizzy; Sep 19, 2013 at 5:21 am
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MPO Gold, Presidents Choice Gourmet Coffee, Flying Blue, Flying Club
Good report! They definitely seem to be eager to make a good impression in promoting its F service. If Garuda keep this up, I can see them doing pretty well!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum One, Hilton Honors Diamond, Oneworld Emerald
Really good trip report. GA has created a good product here. I think there is room for improvement but it's very good that they've got back into the game and that the crew is very enthusiastic about it.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:38 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
woooow

I wonder if they wanted this F on this aircraft OR it is that aircraft with F was readily available (ex 9W?).
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Real First Class

Now that's what I call a real First Class experience. Thanks for a great TR.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Wonderful Trip Report, thank you.

I love Garuda - am desperate for them to succeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.