Wiki Posts
Search

OW RTW in J (ex-KRT) + SQ Suites & First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:52 am
formerly lcag08
Original Poster

IST-ASR-IST on Turkish Airlines Y

Two very uneventful legs (IST-ASR, ASR-IST), so I’ve bundled them into the one. I'll then cover off on Cappadocia on my next post.

Flight: Turkish Airlines TK2012
Route: Istanbul (IST) - Kayseri (ASR)
Equipment & Class: A320; Economy
Seats: 10D, 10E
Flight Duration: 1 Hour

Flight: Turkish Airlines TK2021
Route: Kayseri (ASR) - Istanbul (IST)
Equipment & Class: A320; Economy
Seats: 4D, 4E
Flight Duration: 1 Hour

These were the only economy flights of our trip (besides a Stockholm - London flight), and as I have no status with Star Alliance we really struggled with our luggage. I think we were both on about 28kg, and the limit for these flights was 20kg. Thankfully I managed to talk our way of out any fees on both legs, however it did take quite a bit of persuading.

I found Turkish Airline to be pretty relaxed about safety - everyone continued to use mobile phones during both take-off and landing and a lot of people weren’t wearing seat belts. Otherwise, the planes are fine for a 1 hour trip. I didn’t eat anything onboard, and I can’t even remember if anything was offered.

It’s about a 1 hour drive from Kayseri to Cappadocia. Unfortunately our rental car didn’t show up and it took about an hour to track it down. Basically, our car rental agency (Argus Car Hire) was all over the shop… I’d recommend not renting with them!

(Tiny airport, but it has an International terminal…. A few extended families waiting for a plane to arrive)

Last edited by luckyg777; Jan 4, 2014 at 6:41 am
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:13 am
formerly lcag08
Original Poster

Argos in Cappadocia Hotel

Hotel: Argos in Cappadocia
Length of Stay: 2 Nights
Room Type: Cave Room (yes, a cave!)

Cappadocia was probably the highlight of our trip. We absolutely loved the place and our hotel was really beautiful. Researching hotels was difficult as the top 10-15 hotels in the region all had (and probably still have) almost perfect Trip Advisor scores, however I would not hesitate to recommend the Argos.

We stayed in a cave room, which was a really unique experience. The restaurant at this hotel was also really good and we regretted not dining there on the 2nd night. The hotel also runs a daily tour, which was really interesting; in the caves under the hotel is a HUGE wine cellar along with 100s of metres of tunnels.

The pictures directly below are all from the hotel / hotel grounds…

(Drying chillies in the cave)

While in Cappadocia we took a hot air balloon flight. Cappadocia is the world’s most popular destination for hot air ballooning.

Last edited by luckyg777; Jan 4, 2014 at 6:42 am
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:59 am

the pics of the hotel and the hot air balloons are really gorgeous! thanks for posting!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:50 pm

lcag08, what was being suspended from the ceiling of the Blue Mosque? It looks like there's a bunch of thin black cables hanging down at regular intervals.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:16 pm
formerly lcag08
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
lcag08, what was being suspended from the ceiling of the Blue Mosque? It looks like there's a bunch of thin black cables hanging down at regular intervals.
Good question, I had to go back to my photos. The cable supports a ring of lights suspended about 2m off the ground.

Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by lcag08
Good question, I had to go back to my photos. The cable supports a ring of lights suspended about 2m off the ground.

Thanks! Enjoying the report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.