Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Trip Report Ever?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Personally, I prefer a straight forward report. Not too much nostalgia for bygone days or too much abstract humor so I'm going to submit a Wild Card for entry:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...cx-ba-f-j.html
+1. This one is a classic, and I spent several hours reading the whole thing.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Yes the biggest spoof ever posted in this forum.

Entertaining read but should never be considered for Best Trip Report Ever.
After all....even an idiot can make up a story.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Personally, I've always been a fan of UA_Flyer's trip reports and reportage style and the amusement of eightblack's trip reports leave me smirking an awful lot.

Even HIDDY's make entertaining reading (especially when dealing with Mrs HIDDY)

It is really difficult to pick out a "best" as there are so many different writing styles.

And that's a darn good thing!

My writing is much more. Well. Those who are exposed to my writings come away thinking "WHY" half the time (especially when I do a mad Economy Mileage run). That and I do focus on the mundane things. Because half the time we ignore them blissfully....

Last edited by Kevincm; Mar 20, 2012 at 6:47 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
should never be considered for Best Trip Report Ever
id have to agree id think substance would be required, rather than entertainment for entertainment's sake
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Seat 2As are always good. In fact his were the first ones I read when I came to this forum.
X2.

Now I always look for:

Seat 2A
eightblack
gleff
SFO777
matthandy
Petrus
HIDDY
Moomba
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY

Pity. The BA forum here is definately one of the best reads around mostly due to the non-BA related traffic posted. Incredibly creative, robust, ribaud writing and commentary. Odd to think that what is clearly celebrated there is lost elsewhere.

Nor would I call the person who invested their creative energy to create something so memorable an idiot. Although I guess that here currently the high water mark for best report includes seeing how much alcohol one can consume or how self-deprecating one can be.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
There is at least one honorable mention missing from this list of outstanding trip reports. I enjoy reading trip reports from everyone previously mentioned and I hope they continue writing for many years to come.

My submission for best trip report comes from the bygone era of supersonic commercial airplane service. This trip report is all about a plane that was queen of the sky but will never fly again, speedbird:

CONCORDE: Detailed Trip Report with Photos - BA002 01May03, BA001 04May03
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shuckit
bygone era of supersonic commercial airplane service. This trip report is all about a plane that was queen of the sky but will never fly again
at some point i really should post all my pics from E0 flights
doing so now, in new thread

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 22, 2012 at 9:29 pm
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Just read some of the most recommended reports...

I cant decided between the 8 bottles of dom, or the stuck in JFK report!!!!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: Miles & More;
I think you can`t really name a best trip report. There are so many really good reports - and also so many different styles here on flyertalk.

If you want to learn about what to expect on board i really enjoy the reports by SFO777 - for example this report:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...rg-munich.html
the best available description of Lufthansa new F anywhere on the web (including everything the airline itself provides)

If you want to learn something about your next destination - just look for a tripreport of UA_Flyer and his faboulus pictures. Let`s be honest - everybody can take a nice pictures of sights like the Sydney Opera House - but his pictures of everyday streetlife around the world are simply amazing.

And finally - if you want to learn what to avoid or not to do while on the road (or simply want a good laugh) you can always read one of eightblack`s "adventures"
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
SFO777

My personal favorite author is SFO777. I find his reports detailed and easy to read. He's the main reason I went out of my way to start traveling on CX in F, and i've never looked back.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post

Originally Posted by tfjim
Pity. The BA forum here is definitely one of the best reads around mostly due to the non-BA related traffic posted. Incredibly creative, robust, ribaud writing and commentary. Odd to think that what is clearly celebrated there is lost elsewhere.

Nor would I call the person who invested their creative energy to create something so memorable an idiot. Although I guess that here currently the high water mark for best report includes seeing how much alcohol one can consume or how self-deprecating one can be.
^ to tfjim's points here. The irony of the posts in this thread poo-pooing the Leeds-Whitby "TR's" perfect sendup of the preciousness that infuses so many TRs is remarkable. And I am glad that I am apparently not the only one who finds the celebrations of gluttony and overconsumption of alcohol in some TRs disturbing.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Bump.

Let's start this discussion back up.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:39 am

DanielW's recent trip to Syria is definitely a must-read:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...inst-isis.html
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
DanielW

I think in terms of profound TR's, few compare to DanielW. His report recently about a trip to Syria was absolutely captivating and his photography is jaw dropping.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1770167-frontlines-against-isis.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.