Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Striving for Gold with BA: AMS-LHR-SEA-LAX-LAS (and back again!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Striving for Gold with BA: AMS-LHR-SEA-LAX-LAS (and back again!)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by silonic
[b] Ironically enough, although happy to be corrected, I’ve subsequently read that my Silver card status wouldn’t have got me into the lounge anyway – it was only that I was flying F that I managed to get in.
Actually, it was your silver status that got you in. Domestic F pax do not have access to lounges with AA (and most other US airlines). And even AA elites do not get access as long as they are on domestic itins. That's how US airlines can sell memberships to these clubs. Now, why people actually pay annual fees to spend times in these clubs, that's a whole different discussion.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, PC Platinum
Awesome TR, inspiring me to finally start sharing my regular weeky BA jaunts north, south, east and west. Thanks for sharing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.