Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates First Class - Sydney to Auckland return on the A380

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by matthandy
At this point, the male crew member serving me ceremoniously whipped away my unfinished Moét! Err, hang on, I wasn’t finished with that. It was replaced with a glass of pure silk, the Dom Perignon 2002! He mentioned that this is what I had really wanted. Apparently, the doors were closed, so the Dom had been popped open. Bliss.
Please can I have this crew member on all my flights?

Thanks matthandy for completing this report.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another great TR

How do you find the time to write such great trip reports?

As for the cabin, I don't care if it is gold coloured plastic, or pure 24 carat it still looks tacky. I much prefer the new BA F seats. (However, I suspect the comfort and personal storage on Emirates is better).
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: BA | EK | EY | PK
Excellent work there mate. Looks like you had alot of fun!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
How do you find the time to write such great trip reports?
I don't, hence it took me so long to finish this one!

Originally Posted by PK777
Excellent work there mate. Looks like you had alot of fun!
Thank you! Yes, it was a great trip.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are you sure you don't work for EK? This TR convinced me to have one sector in F rather than both in J for an upcoming HKG-BKK r/t ... only netted EK an extra US$175 out of me, but a $ is a $.

Now to choose between 2K and 3A ... hmmmmm.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:10 pm

This is one great Trip Report. Just like being there! Thank you. I may not be fortunate to travel 1st class in the near future, but heck! i'll be able to (atleast try to) write up a 1st class trip report!

Cheers!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:40 pm

I experienced business class travel of many airlines but found Emirates first class much more comfortable as much as best if you prefer privacy and personalized service. Especially its healthy food options provide you the best quality and fresh items with a range of amazing recipes. You can enjoy games, songs and many more with your personal screen attached with each seat.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amolkold
Are you sure you don't work for EK? This TR convinced me to have one sector in F rather than both in J for an upcoming HKG-BKK r/t ... only netted EK an extra US$175 out of me, but a $ is a $.
I should be asking EK for commission! Thanks for your comments, enjoy your F experience!

Originally Posted by Rak35h
This is one great Trip Report. Just like being there! Thank you. I may not be fortunate to travel 1st class in the near future, but heck! i'll be able to (atleast try to) write up a 1st class trip report!
Hehe, nice pun! Glad that you enjoyed the report.

Originally Posted by printingray
I experienced business class travel of many airlines but found Emirates first class much more comfortable as much as best if you prefer privacy and personalized service.
Thanks printingray, it sounds lik you work for EK marketing though...!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:12 am

Matt, I read this report a while ago and kept meaning to come back and thank you for writing it but forgot! I'm sure you were thinking maybe I'd missed it

Of course, excellent report as always. I was interested in your comments about the minor harrassment that you got when you checked in for this flight at Sydney. Me and my sister took the same flight (in whY) a couple of years ago and had the same problem. They were probably asking sis the same questions that you got and they were even bothering me about not having a copy of my visa with me even though I'd only entered Oz a couple of days previously and hadn't shown it then. Weird, not sure what that was all about.

Regarding your report on Longreach (apologies for not looking for it and being lazy to write the comment here), I forwarded it onto my dad who likes that kind of thing and he was very impressed. Of course with the parent's not being FT'ers they were slightly bemused by the in depth analysis of the food, hotels etc! They're not aware that kind of thing is compulsory in any TR

Hope you're off on travels soon so we can look forward to another fab TR.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your great comments as always, I had wondered where you had gone Ellie!

Get your dad signed up to FT!

My next trip will be in about 4 weeks time. There's lots planned so it should be a good one. It'll hopefully include Cathay's new business class, some 5 star hotels in Hong Kong, BA's new premium economy on a newish 777-300, a wedding, meeting my niece for the first time, ramblings in London and a trip to the south of France. Action packed to say the least!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:48 am

That sounds like a massive trip, looking forward to the TR already, hope you're planning one.

My sister is coming back for a visit in August and is griping about the fares, over $2,000 for BA/QF economy!! She'd be jealous to hear of your business and PE offerings. Planning a trip to Boston when she's here plus a possible jaunt to Paris but nothing booked as yet.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I can't, CAN'T wait to try that shower myself in March!!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Maybe a silly question but no amenity kits ?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Ahh the coveted Emirates A380! If you don't mind me asking, did you purchase the ticket or book it with miles? If miles, which airline's miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.