DFW to Ireland - 1st Trip Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW to Ireland - 1st Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: AA MM, Starwood LTG
Great trip report and wonderful photos. And know I know what to call the little bowls that the nuts come in
Old May 29, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Very nice!

Great TR. The food on your return journey looked quite tasty. Was that steak pretty good?
Old May 30, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage - Platinum
Car Rental insurance

I'm researching Ireland as a future destination and noticed that all of my credit card auto rental insurance always specify that they do not have coverage in Ireland (Yes, even the AMEX premium auto inurance). How did you deal with this on your trip? Did you purchase the auto-rentals own insurance? If you don't mind, may I know how much it cost?
Old May 31, 2011, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

I really enjoyed the food and service on EI. They were better than or equal to the international business products from CO and AA. Maybe my upcoming BA flight in Club World in a 747 will change my frame of reference. I've read some mixed reviews on BA also.

Driving in Ireland was surprisingly easy. I didn't drive in Dublin because I read that traffic and parking were difficult. Most of the sights are within easy walking distance, so a car is unnecessry. Driving on the left seemed natural with a right hand drive car and with all the other traffic doing so. The worst thing I always did was go to the passenger's left side door when getting in to drive.

I purchased auto insurance thru the rental company (Hertz). I think it was about $200 for a week. The actual car rental was about the same price, so yeah the insurance is somewhat of a racket. I checked a little with my auto insurance and credit card. Coverage seemed iffy, so better safe than sorry. To be honest I didn't research this as much as I should have.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Lufthansa Silver, BA Amex, Starwood Platinum
Not a massive fan of EI but seems you had a decent experience. Ireland really is an underated country in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.