Turkish Airline IST-ORD in Business Class A330-300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!

TK005 IST-ORD
11:20AM Departure
15:15PM Arrival
Business Class
Seat 3A

Check in at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul --easy and free, with no long lines. However, since we were U.S. bound, there was an 'extra' security check next to the check-in counter. A few questions, but nothing annoying.

After dropping our baggage and getting our BP's, we proceeded to the TK lounge located after passport control. The lounge was very nice, with shower facilities, well stocked food counters, and a very nice cappuccino machine which spit out a decent cappuccino....

After a quick breakfast at the lounge of cheese, olives, bread and a couple of cappuccino's, we headed to the gate...which had another security check of our carry on bags. We eventually boarded the aircraft from a separate entrance for First/Business class passengers, which was nice.

The seat was nice---this was my first time flying TK, and left a good first impression. The seat had plenty of storage, and it had that middle mini table which I liked. Slippers and a nice amenity kit was supplied.

Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Good quality pics! Have never seen Turkish Airline biz class before - looks like something to consider now that they're part of Star Alliance.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Turkish Airline IST-ORD in Business Class A330-300 (continued)

TK005 IST-ORD
11:20AM Departure
15:15PM Arrival
Business Class
Seat 3A

The entertainment module was okay--some of the items were not working and "coming soon"...(internet )

The remote was easy to use and handled all the commands easily

Turkish Airlines is NOT responsible for seat to seat sexting hehehe

After a short delay, we were finally up in the air.

Shortly after, an apertif was served, along with some hors d'oeuvres.

I decided to go with the octopus salad, and arugula salad with white cheese and cherry tomatoes, along with a couple of puff pastry filled with spinach. Very tasty.

My Main course was the Adana Kebab and Spring lamb with grilled pepper and tomatoe, with "bulgar". The lamb chop was tender and tasted freshly grilled, and the kebab was tender, juicy, and tasted just like it was taken off the grill. It was superb in my opinion.

..and for dessert, I decided not to discriminate and just go for everything offered. Lemon Ice Cream, Sour Cherry cake, mousse rigo (bitter and white chocolate), and some assorted fresh fruit....finished it off with a cappuccino, which was a nice ending to a great meal.

Prior to landing, a final snack service was offered of smoked salmon and capers, with grilled zucchini...

We came in with some turbulence into the Chicago skyline and landed with an on-time arrival--stuffed, and relaxed. This was my first time flying TK and defly not my last. It left an excellent impression on me! I am globally yours!

Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Thanks for the trip report. Excellent pictures! The flight attendants and chef seem to be so warm and hospitable.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:02 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Nice report, thanks for sharing!
Originally Posted by mrx900
My Main course was the Adana Kebab and Spring lamb with grilled pepper and tomatoe, with "bulgar".
Tomatoe? Did Dan Quayle write the menu?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Really great pictures!! Thanks for sharing. I'm always a bit too shy to take pictures blatantly (plus Mrs. OttoMH tells me off for being a geek..)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJO
Nice report, thanks for sharing!

Tomatoe? Did Dan Quayle write the menu?
thats it....im going back to school
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OttoMH
Really great pictures!! Thanks for sharing. I'm always a bit too shy to take pictures blatantly (plus Mrs. OttoMH tells me off for being a geek..)
the cool thing was these FA's were more than eager to be on camera...the CX FA's get mad when you snap photos of them serving up food..TK is the way to go!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
There is a reason why Turkish (Do&Co) won the SkyTrax best catering award last year (albeit in Y). They also won the best Southern Europe airline award in 2010.

I really enjoyed my flights with them last summer in C, and have a couple more this year, looking forward to it.

Nice to see the new A333, thanks OP.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mysteriouscdn
Good quality pics! Have never seen Turkish Airline biz class before - looks like something to consider now that they're part of Star Alliance.
Yes, they are in Star Alliance.

Wow!! What a fabulous TR & photos, too. I loves to eat lambs & rice, too. They are so delicious!! I rather that I could try to eat the lambs & rices, too. I didn't realize know there is one Starbucks in Turkey. How come? I thought they didn't expanded everywhere the Starbucks Coffee in EU?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:03 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Wow, is that airline food? Very impressive.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks for the report and the nice pics^
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
Thanks for the TR. I was there a few weeks ago, but the lounge I went to was very small.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Canon SX30is

these photos were taken with my new Canon SX30IS...its got an amazing 35x zoom and spits out pretty good quality shots in nite and day.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Excelent report!
Does the seats go fully-FLAT? 180?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.