Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

COPA Question

COPA Question

Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Platinum, Alaska MVP
COPA Question

I am travelling PDX-EZE in February and found a J fare on COPA via LAX that is half of LAN's J fare and 1/3 of DL/AA/UA. Has anyone flown COPA in J ? I know they fly 737's and connect via PTY. Is this a worthwhile option or do you get what you pay for ?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by ghillier
I am travelling PDX-EZE in February and found a J fare on COPA via LAX that is half of LAN's J fare and 1/3 of DL/AA/UA. Has anyone flown COPA in J ? I know they fly 737's and connect via PTY. Is this a worthwhile option or do you get what you pay for ?
Get what you pay for here -- essentially a domestic US seat with upgraded service (akin to what US carriers offer to northern South America). In my opinion, take the LAN flight in J -- best option of the four (LA, DL, UA, AA).
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you want a proper J product then skip Copa. If you are OK with the domestic F seat and pretty good meal/service options (but cruddy IFE) and want the potential for a quick trip to the Canal on a layover then the Copa option is quite nice.

But definitely a case of getting what you pay for.

Here are some photos and a couple links from my trips on CM last year:

Panama City is Still Amazing
A Weekend aboard Copa Air
Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Platinum, Alaska MVP
Thank you for your feedback. I actually just booked the trip on LAN. Routing is PDX-LAX (on AS 737-800) LAX-LIM (LAN 767) LIM-EZE (LAN 767) with the same routing/equipment on the return. First time on LAN as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.