SFO-SAN-SFO-FRA-GOT-ARN-FRA-SFO incl LH F, FCT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-SAN-SFO-FRA-GOT-ARN-FRA-SFO incl LH F, FCT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 5:35 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Great TR! Thanks for sharing this.

I was wondering, however. How do you get photos on flickr to post on Flyertalk? It used to work, but they've somehow disabled the feature. I cannot get flickr photos to worker on FT, but somehow you have. What is the trick to getting flickr photos to work on FT?

Thanks!
The new flickr.com gives you the BBCode. On the individual page, click "share this" (above the photo, left side), and select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" remembering to click "BBCode" and the size you want. Just copy and paste the resultant code given into Flyertalk and you are good to go!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Great TR! I hope the updating of the F Class moves quickly (yeah, I know, wishful thinking) as I'm planning a trip for next summer/fall on their 744 and I would love to try their new product...if it's anything like the 388 FC, I'm sure it'll be amazing.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Hi Hunter, great trip report! I can't wait to try LH F. I am posting this comment using gogo internet on US Air, imagine how jealous I am reading this awesome report!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
go to the main flickr page for that photo. Click the "Share This" link
Pick HTML/BBCode then pick BBCode. Copy and paste the text in the box into your flytertalk post. That's it! It's SO much easier than it used to be.

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Great TR! Thanks for sharing this.

I was wondering, however. How do you get photos on flickr to post on Flyertalk? It used to work, but they've somehow disabled the feature. I cannot get flickr photos to worker on FT, but somehow you have. What is the trick to getting flickr photos to work on FT?

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Fantastic TR! Thank you very much for taking the time to share it with us!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by briantoronto
The new flickr.com gives you the BBCode. On the individual page, click "share this" (above the photo, left side), and select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" remembering to click "BBCode" and the size you want. Just copy and paste the resultant code given into Flyertalk and you are good to go!
Originally Posted by HunterSFO
go to the main flickr page for that photo. Click the "Share This" link
Pick HTML/BBCode then pick BBCode. Copy and paste the text in the box into your flytertalk post. That's it! It's SO much easier than it used to be.
Thanks! I'll try this out. ^
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Great TR! I hope the updating of the F Class moves quickly (yeah, I know, wishful thinking) as I'm planning a trip for next summer/fall on their 744 and I would love to try their new product...if it's anything like the 388 FC, I'm sure it'll be amazing.
"Amazing"? Haven't seen this on any plane except Concorde.

They aren't planning on updating the F class seat on the 747s unless it's a fabric change and maybe a mattress, from what I've read here.

Last edited by Flyingfox; Sep 25, 2010 at 9:01 pm
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: UAL Gold Million-Mile
Wonderful report.
Great photos.
Thanks for posting.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Hunter that was an exceptional five star TR! ^
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent report, Hunter! It was nice running into you by chance at the HR SFO. Gosh, I need to stop reading trip reports while hungry. That food looks amazing.

Well done!^
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Amazing TR Hunter! It was a great read, and very informative!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Excellent TR, thansk for sharing.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, US Airways Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Amtrak Select Plus, National Executive Elite
That was a fun read, and it's great to see a trip report from my old home country!

I can't help but nitpick though: The two SAAB military aircraft you have pictures of are actually the Viggen and then the Lansen, in that order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.