Wiki Posts
Search

201006 First time to visit crew bunk

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
201006 First time to visit crew bunk

This was a MR to Sydney. On this trip, I met another FTer and a FA who I met last year. The FA showed us crew bunk which was really special for us.
In addition, this was my first time to take DL and VDB on DL.
To see the full travel report please click here.

Last edited by pigx5; Jun 26, 2010 at 7:02 pm
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:38 am

nice TR. it would have been great if you would have posted the TR here on FT rather than elsewhere.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1K+
nice TR. it would have been great if you would have posted the TR here on FT rather than elsewhere.
I will always post on my own wesite since I am trying to orgazine my travel reports. I will try to post more here next time.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K
What is the advantage

Originally Posted by 1K+
I am not sure what is the advantage of posting on FT vs elsewhere. As long as the link is valid and you can see the TR, what is the advantage of posting on FT specifically? Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
FWIW, I much prefer it when posters post on FT. It just is a little more convenient, plus I find outside blog pages more difficult to navigate sometimes. Just my two cents...
Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:56 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I'd like to join the discussion, but as a member, not as a moderator.

Many people decide to post their trip reports on another site and then link to it. Many people decide to post their whole report on this forum. While some may click onward to the secondary sites, I usually will not. Hence, I prefer reports that have enough substance posted in the FT thread for me to get the idea of the trip report. To each, their own... though.

The picture of the salmon looks good. But I have no idea of how the trip was.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
The picture of the salmon looks good. But I have no idea of how the trip was.
Well, at least, you can see the salmon.
It's your choice to just see the salmon and it's my choice to make the report lists clearly on my site. No one force anything or anyone.

Last edited by pigx5; Jun 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K
Either is fine for me, but I can see why one would post external link

Originally Posted by pigx5
It's you choice to just see the salmon and it's my choice to make the report lists clearly on my site. No one force anything or anyone.
I don't mind either. However, I started posting my TR's to an external link (youtube). The reason is that I have found that FT has relatively few people reading TR's (compared to other sites). Also FT is UA heavy--it's the biggest forum on FT--so most are not so interested in UA business class TR's (which is what I fly mainly). Thus, I post to an outside link and just the prelim details here on FT.

To give you a perspective, my last TR here--SFO-FRA-VIE--has probably about 400-800 hits in over the past month on FT. I think people here are tired of UA, which is fine; I can accept that. However, I posted to an outside airline website (which is not so heavily UA slanted), and within 1 week, I got 6000 hits! I got over 1000 hits in the first 24 hours!

So, pigx5, I think you have every right to post your TR on an external link. I see no reason to focus your efforts on FT if your audience here is limited.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:55 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by pigx5
It's you choice to just see the salmon and it's my choice to make the report lists clearly on my site. No one force anything or anyone.
I concur, 100% accurate.

My point was meant to be illustrative of how the report could be interpreted by some viewers. I'm glad it was taken appropriately. Feel free to contribute your trip reports in a manner that suits you. ^
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I concur, 100% accurate.

My point was meant to be illustrative of how the report could be interpreted by some viewers. I'm glad it was taken appropriately. Feel free to contribute your trip reports in a manner that suits you. ^
Thank you and I can understand what you mean.
As I said, I just want to make my reports can be listed clearly.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I don't mind either. However, I started posting my TR's to an external link (youtube). The reason is that I have found that FT has relatively few people reading TR's (compared to other sites). Also FT is UA heavy--it's the biggest forum on FT--so most are not so interested in UA business class TR's (which is what I fly mainly). Thus, I post to an outside link and just the prelim details here on FT.
Thank you for your support.
As my travel report, it's not important about the UA's service. It's more important that what I have seem, who I have met or what happened during
this trip.
In addition, I am trying to make my reports become lists from 2006 so I have to do it on my website.

BTW, I don't fly UA too much this year and nice to see your video.

Last edited by pigx5; Jun 29, 2010 at 1:52 pm
Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thank you for your report, both your writing and pictures were enjoyable and congratulations on your VDB on the way back.

I would like to add that I find 1,000 miles for a broken seat on a mid-con domestic flight acceptable. I think the runaway amounts of compensation on UA have reached inane levels and I'm glad Delta gave what I would consider appropreate for that issue. I can tell you that when I had an agent tell me I could upgrade an international flight, then was downgraded at the airport, they gave me 10,000 miles as a Silver so they aren't always so stingy.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Thanks for the report.
I am blown away by the quality of your pictures.
A question; How did you get the bottle of wine given to you on a domestic flight through security in your carry on for the international flight?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Thanks for the report.
I am blown away by the quality of your pictures.
A question; How did you get the bottle of wine given to you on a domestic flight through security in your carry on for the international flight?
Thank you.
Because the transfer airport was SFO.
I can just walk from domestic terminal to international terminal without passing
the security again.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:51 am

I had to remove my pop up blocker to read your reports but I like your reports unfortunately I get an annoying pop up now from flyertalk from something else

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.