FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 201006 First time to visit crew bunk
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:59 am
SFflyer123

Programs: UA 1K
Either is fine for me, but I can see why one would post external link

Originally Posted by pigx5
Well, at least, you can see the salmon.
It's you choice to just see the salmon and it's my choice to make the report lists clearly on my site. No one force anything or anyone.
I don't mind either. However, I started posting my TR's to an external link (youtube). The reason is that I have found that FT has relatively few people reading TR's (compared to other sites). Also FT is UA heavy--it's the biggest forum on FT--so most are not so interested in UA business class TR's (which is what I fly mainly). Thus, I post to an outside link and just the prelim details here on FT.

To give you a perspective, my last TR here--SFO-FRA-VIE--has probably about 400-800 hits in over the past month on FT. I think people here are tired of UA, which is fine; I can accept that. However, I posted to an outside airline website (which is not so heavily UA slanted), and within 1 week, I got 6000 hits! I got over 1000 hits in the first 24 hours!

So, pigx5, I think you have every right to post your TR on an external link. I see no reason to focus your efforts on FT if your audience here is limited.