Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

London to Singapore & Bali – SQ A380, 777, a private villa and a wedding!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London to Singapore & Bali – SQ A380, 777, a private villa and a wedding!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
You really just wanted to duck tape that woman to her seat and put the shade down huh? I just did a day trip from SFO-HKG and one guy kept looking out the window, every time he did he I woke completely up. He wasn't trying to be rude, he just wanted a peak, no more long day flights for me.

Ylang Ylang was great info. Thanks for sharing that bit, it is a pleasure to read something outside the norm in a trip report.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1;

The bottom half of the upper deck door fixture does indeed contain the slide; [url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDMSvo1IvD4[/url]

That is only true for the 747. What you are actually seeing is a plastic barricade placed in the door frame to prevent ground staff falling out the door. The 380 slide is stowed below the upper door.

Great report.

Meloz
Old May 23, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
Bali Visa Fee

We dont pay this in USD, but Australian dollars. It doesnt have to be US Dollars, just the equivalent amount.

An interesting read. We have always found SQ personnel to be very polite; unfortunately this is an issue when a passenger behaves badly. A couple of years ago a guy was behaving very weirdly on a flight, was carrying a cigarette lighter, and was obviously smoking in the toilets, frequently. Yet they said nothing to him. Maybe he was so weird they were worried about escalting his behaviour or something.
Old May 26, 2010, 7:24 pm

I like to smoke, especially after 12 hours flight. What must I do to be 'weird' in order to be allowed to smoke in the toilet? :-)

Last edited by abeyro; Apr 5, 2011 at 5:31 am Reason: misspelling
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Silver
thanks for the report on A380. never been on one before (always take 777). I wonder how easy it is to get your seat though.. did you pay extra? status?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kampret
thanks for the report on A380. never been on one before (always take 777). I wonder how easy it is to get your seat though.. did you pay extra? status?
Thanks for your comments. At the time I believe that I paid a small additional charge to secure the upper deck exit row seat on the way out. On the way back the upper deck was very busy so we sat downstairs. Generally the upper deck fills up first as it's smaller and quieter.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Silver
wonder if you can do that with 777s. usually those kind of seats are reserved for families (lucky .......s)

Originally Posted by matthandy
Thanks for your comments. At the time I believed that I paid a small additional charge to secure the upper deck exit row seat on the way out. On the way back the upper deck was very busy so we sat downstairs. Generally the upper deck fills up first as it's smaller and quieter.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Great TR!

I'm heading in August. SIA tickets in Y are close to £1,000 each! Yowser... I remember a little while ago scoring a ticket for £340 rtn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.