Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

London to Singapore & Bali – SQ A380, 777, a private villa and a wedding!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London to Singapore & Bali – SQ A380, 777, a private villa and a wedding!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A great finish to a great report ^

The bottom half of the upper deck door fixture does indeed contain the slide; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDMSvo1IvD4

I think a 15 minute wait at security is far too long, even for economy!

Bad luck with the babies and then the nuisance woman sitting near you - these things happen, but it's certainly not very pleasant at the time. I agree that the cabin crew could have done more to get the blind shut. Unfortunately, babies are just one of those things that can't really be controlled so much
Old May 1, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Fantastic TR as ever matthandy, especially dare I say it, the villa bit ^^
Old May 2, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Plat HH Diamond
Yours is the first trip report I have read. I was really impressed with such good writing and pictures. Thanks.
Old May 2, 2010, 4:31 pm

Loved your TR and hated it as it's made me really hankering for a private villa experience as well!

Your experience w/ the woman and the up blind is something I can relate to ... annoying as hell but not much you can do. I see it as an opportunity to practice my patience and tolerance ... sigh.

BTW- that nightly rate for the villa, is that for the entire ... accomodation or is that per "room"?
Old May 2, 2010, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by t1nt1n
BTW- that nightly rate for the villa, is that for the entire ... accomodation or is that per "room"?
thanks for your comments, glad that you enjoyed the report. The rate is for the entire villa and includes breakfast.
Old May 2, 2010, 6:07 pm

Thanks for writing this. The section about Ylang-Ylang was especially impressive. What a beautiful villa!
Old May 2, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Thank you for sharing this excellent and detailed trip report with us, and congrats on your mum's wedding! Although my philosophy on windows is closer to that of the passenger seated behind you on the SIN-LHR flight than to yours.
Old May 4, 2010, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Super report Matt....Bali looks idyllic I would like to take Mrs HIDDY there but it's a hell of a journey from here.

Interesting trip home.
Must say I would love that day flight if flying in economy as I hate night flights even in F. Looking forward to your next report especially the EK part....I really like EK.
Old May 7, 2010, 2:41 am

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
Great Report
thanks for posting!!
Old May 7, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: 1K MM
Thank you. Great report and very nice pictures.
Old May 9, 2010, 1:24 am

Do you think this negotiation apply for high season (mid of August)? Or even though it's expensive, better to make a reservation before arriving Bali for a family trip?

>#20
We arrived at the Elephant park and went up to the reception desk. This is were the strangeness began. There were no prices and it appeared that the cost of the ride was down to negotiation with lots of calculator tapping. The initial price was a very steep half a million Rupiah which is about £36 or $55. For a 15 minute ride this was ridiculous so we walked away. They then called us back and offered a viewing for 100,000 which we accepted. I felt at this point like the place was run by an organised crime gang, that is how it felt.
Old May 9, 2010, 2:33 pm

The villa photos were fantastic!
Old May 9, 2010, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Must say I would love that day flight if flying in economy as I hate night flights even in F. Looking forward to your next report especially the EK part....I really like EK.
You are weird Day flights are a killer!

My EK flight was interesting, great aircraft, but terrible crew, possibly the worst I've ever had. They were actually rude and sarcastic to the passengers, including me. TR coming soon.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swezen
Do you think this negotiation apply for high season (mid of August)? Or even though it's expensive, better to make a reservation before arriving Bali for a family trip?
Unfortunately, I can't in good conscience recommend this to you or anyone. To be avoided.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:28 am

Thanks for your reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.