Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what to do on flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by onlyairfare
I also bring my checkbook, latest statement, and bills - then I go through and pay the bills, put on the stamps and mail them when I land. Not my favorite task, so I might as well get it done on the plane.

If it's a business trip, I get started on the expense report while on the return trip.
I would be careful about doing these things on a flight, unless I was quite certain that someone couldn't read my bills/checking account number etc. Otherwise, could be an invitation to identity theft.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YMMV, but I actually look forward to airtime as downtime -- an opportunity to just sit back, relax, listen to music, have a drink or three, and, literally, watch the world go buy. Most times, I'll wind up falling asleep, which I also find a productive use of my time.

On super long-haul (SFO/HKG, for example), I'll load up my laptop or netbook with movies and television shows that I want to watch, but I find I rarely watch more than one or, at most, two, in-flight. Though I enjoy reading, I'll rarely do it on an aircraft. On UA, Channel 9 is often interesting, particularly with those pilots who like to do short lectures about the plane, or describe points of interest. They're always aware they're talking to flying enthusiasts, i.e. the typical FTer, so their talks are always fascinating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.