Wiki Posts
Search

Seven Ways to Annoy a Flight Attendant

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Seven Ways to Annoy a Flight Attendant

I came across this -- some of the points are valid but the hostility to pax always amazes me! It just seems like someone who doesn't like helping passengers has chosen the wrong job by becoming an FA. This person has been an FA for 12 years and, it would seem, is due for a career change.

http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/c...050603392.html
Old May 27, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
I pretty much agree with her 100%.
Old May 27, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Yeah, me too.
Old May 27, 2009, 7:51 pm

An FA? Please. The punctuation is complicated yet is perfect.
Old May 27, 2009, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rmiller774
The punctuation is complicated yet is perfect.
???
Old May 27, 2009, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I have no problem with the list. Expecting passengers/customer to follow the rules and act with common courtesy isn't that outrageous.

Just being in a customer facing job doesn't mean you should gladly watch as customers disobey the rules, take care of their kids, risk injury, or listen to whining about a topic out of your control.

Many/most of those things tick me off as a fellow passenger, even if I don't need to deal with them.
Old May 27, 2009, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I prefer to see uniformed military, firefighters, law-enforcement officers, or off-duty pilots and flight attendants sitting in those seats. While the gate agent may assign exit-row seats first, the flight attendant makes the final determination about who gets to sit in them. And the quality of our choices is one of the frequent concerns of Federal Aviation Administration officials when they audit airlines for safety practices. So please don't complain. I'm just doing my job.
Is the FA really implying that he/she routinely moves people out of the exit rows to put others in them?
Old May 27, 2009, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by rmiller774
An FA? Please. The punctuation is complicated yet is perfect.
Are you suggesting that FAs cannot be grammarians?
Old May 27, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skylady
Are you suggesting that FAs cannot be grammarians?
Not only that, but I think there was an implication that there are no editors that work at Frommer's Budget Travel.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:01 pm

i feel bad for fas when i see some of the stuff and people they have to put up with... the worst is people who ask them to put the carryon in the bin for them...
Old May 28, 2009, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shiv666
i feel bad for fas when i see some of the stuff and people they have to put up with... the worst is people who ask them to put the carryon in the bin for them...
I believe it is in the their contracts to assist passengers with that type of service.
Old May 28, 2009, 5:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I agree with the FA.

Some pax behaviour is so appalling that it shocks me. I've seen much, much worse than those listed in the article though.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by planemechanic
I believe it is in the their contracts to assist passengers with that type of service.
If it is in their contract, then they are insured for injury while performing the task, but this FA says she/he is not insured. Ergo, it is not in the contract (for this FA, at least).
Old May 28, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Agreed with almost everything. Her comments on exit row seating omit the obvious: Elites almost always get the exit rows - short, tall, thin or not-so-thin.
Old May 28, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
If it is in their contract, then they are insured for injury while performing the task, but this FA says she/he is not insured. Ergo, it is not in the contract (for this FA, at least).
I've heard that before. My understanding is that it is not covered by insurance (and, I assume, not in the contract) at many airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.