BIS Miles Definition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BIS Miles Definition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
BIS Miles Definition

I know there are those of you who are already foaming at the mouth thinking of new ways of scolding me for opening a thread asking this question, but I simply CANNOT find a definition for this term ANYWHERE. I searched the entire FT site with the search feature, read the stickies (or as much of them as possible), and searched both Google and Wikipedia. I found plenty of uses of the term "BIS miles" but I NEVER found a definition anywhere.

I would be very appreciative if someone could help with this definition.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by trojanman
I know there are those of you who are already foaming at the mouth thinking of new ways of scolding me for opening a thread asking this question, but I simply CANNOT find a definition for this term ANYWHERE. I searched the entire FT site with the search feature, read the stickies (or as much of them as possible), and searched both Google and Wikipedia. I found plenty of uses of the term "BIS miles" but I NEVER found a definition anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
Baffled me for a long time. It's Butt in the Seat
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Flyertalk glossary knows all:

http://www.flyertalk.com/glossary/?letter_start=B

...and I always thought it was the miles from home town to Bismarck, ND.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by trojanman

Thanks in advance!
There is an acronym list on the wiki
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
As this thread is not airline specific we will move it to TBuzz
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria

what is a RBP? It's not in the wiki.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by zipadee
what is a RBP? It's not in the wiki.
It is in the Guidelines and Rules that you agreed to upon signing up for permission to post.

RBP = Report Bad Post = Little red triangle icon in lower left hand corner of each and every post

Funny thing is that when I first became a mod I did not know what it meant either even though I had used it many times in the past
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Thanks!

I didn't know we had a glossary - I'll have to make a note of it.

Also, you may want to suggest to the higher ups that you SEO the glossary on google, because it did not come up at all!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:48 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this thread has been dormant for over five years, we'll give it the continued rest it deserves. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.