Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

EU rules regarding ticket prices, does it apply for booking sites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat

I remember the EU passed a law in November to prevent misleading price ticket advertisement: prices given should always have all additional taxes, fuel surcharge, commission, issue and whatever fees...

I am sure it applies to all airlines and their websites.

Does it also apply to reservation websites not owned by airlines?

I am asking because today, I was using a well known booking website and it was only at the final step, when I was about to give my CC, that they added a commission for "ticket issuance", as an additional item in the bill.

Is this fair practice? Should they include this last charge in the price, right from the beginning?

Last edited by josep; Mar 2, 2009 at 12:42 pm
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by josep
I remember the EU passed a law in November to prevent misleading price ticket advertisement: prices given should always have all additional taxes, fuel surcharge, commission, issue and whatever fees...

I am sure it applies to all airlines and their websites.

Does it also apply to reservation websites not owned by airlines?

I am asking because today, I was using a well known booking website and it was only at the final step, when I was about to give my CC, that they added a commission for "ticket issuance", as an additional item in the bill.

Is this fair practice? Should they include this last charge in the price, right from the beginning?
Unfortunately, that one is (almost?) never included. Even on the airline sites they do this. Another one is when you have to pay for paying (with CC for example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.