Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer of Size (COS) and business travel policies

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Customer of Size (COS) and business travel policies

I'm just curious if anyone knows any business travel policies related to 'Customers of Size', specifically in what they can charge and get reimbursed for.

For example, suppose such a person is flying Southwest (or whatever airline -- they're just the ones for sure I know have a policy) for business and are required to book an extra seat. Could the corporation refuse to pay for the extra seat and yet still require them to take the flight as part of their job? Or is that 'weight-discrimination'? Are there any legalities (in the US) about this? And if not, anyone ever heard of a travel policy that addresses it?

I'm not doing anyone favors sitting next to them in coach, though I satisfy the 'armrest down' rules and am likely to squeak by on Southwest. I tend to travel AirTran and upgrade to business class, for my comfort and others. If I run out of credits and don't qualify for an automatic upgrade, I'll pay the upgrade fee myself.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I am going to use some Moderator Discretion here and close this thread.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.