Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which country doesn't do exit stamp beside US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which country doesn't do exit stamp beside US?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:31 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, Velocity
My Australian passport didn't get stamped out of the UK, come to think of it I don't think there was even an exit passport control, but i may be mistaken n that. Definitely no stamp though.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ben Ell
My Australian passport didn't get stamped out of the UK, come to think of it I don't think there was even an exit passport control, but i may be mistaken n that. Definitely no stamp though.
The UK generally does not have any kind of exit passport control; but there have been times and places that were exceptions.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I can only think of one or two instances when I have NOT been stamped in and out of Schengen while using my passport.

Switzerland used to be really bad about this, but I finally got stamped on my last trip (both in and out).
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:49 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Mexico does not have exit stamps...but why would they
Old Jun 22, 2008, 3:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Mexico does not have exit stamps...but why would they
hmm I better rephrase this to LMAO
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:23 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Some countries do not have a government - operated checkpoint when departing: USA, Canada, Mexico, UK, Ireland. So your passport is not routinely checked by government officials when leaving from these countries.
Other countries do have a checkpoint but don't stamp: in my experience: New Zealand, Cuba.
EU member state passports are not normally stamped anywhere (on arrival nor departure) in the EEA.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
I just went through my current passport (last 3 years) and have not received exit stamps from LHR, CDG (non-Schengen passport departing to US), AKL and SIN.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Savage25
I just went through my current passport (last 3 years) and have not received exit stamps from LHR, CDG (non-Schengen passport departing to US), AKL and SIN.
CDG does have departure passport control for flights leaving to a non-Schengen destination, but whether or not they do stamp my US passport is a toss-up. (Usually they don't stamp mine, but sometimes they do.)

SIN has departure passport control as well.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: ac ELITE,aa,nwa, Priority Club
Just left Croatia and upon examining passport NO exit stamp.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Immigration agents in France, the Netherlands and Germany seem to have gotten more routine about stamping passports on entry and exit than they used to (back in 2000/2001 and much earlier). At least once way back when, NL immigration (on entry) would just look at the cover of my passport (Canadian), not even open it and give it back to me. May be part of Schengen. Otherwise the NL, Italian and German immigration agents have always stamped on exit in the past 2 years.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 3:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ANDREWCX
No exit stamp in Australian passports when leaving Australia. You can request one although this is usually something infrequent travelers do as a tourist thing.
Some frequent travellers request a stamp too - can be useful for tax and some other purposes.

NZ won't stamp Australia or NZ passports. I wish Australia would reciprocate - my passport fills up way too fast (and they often pick a blank page to stamp which then creates problems getting visas).
Old Jun 22, 2008, 3:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by etch5895
I can only think of one or two instances when I have NOT been stamped in and out of Schengen while using my passport.

Switzerland used to be really bad about this, but I finally got stamped on my last trip (both in and out).
Personally I prefer this - best of both worlds. You can ask for a stamp (eg if needed for visa purposes) or not get one as default. I suppose this will change when Switzerland joins Schengen.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Immigration agents in France, the Netherlands and Germany seem to have gotten more routine about stamping passports on entry and exit than they used to (back in 2000/2001 and much earlier). At least once way back when, NL immigration (on entry) would just look at the cover of my passport (Canadian), not even open it and give it back to me. May be part of Schengen. Otherwise the NL, Italian and German immigration agents have always stamped on exit in the past 2 years.
I've had plenty of times at AMS, FCO and MXP in the past 2 years where my passport was not stamped -- sometimes it has not even been opened. That said, such experience is not representative of the majority of my arrivals into the Schengen zone at AMS, FCO and MXP.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:10 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I can't speak for all of the Caribbean, but St. Maarten stamps you in and not out. It's a really pretty stamp, too.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by etch5895
I can't speak for all of the Caribbean, but St. Maarten stamps you in and not out. It's a really pretty stamp, too.
I don't think I have one exit stamp from the Caribbean over the past 10 years. I would be surprised if more than a couple did stamp out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.