Wiki Posts
Search

Research survey on Airline loyality

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Research survey on Airline loyality

Hi all,

I have long been an aviation enthusiast but rather new to online forums (as you can see by my posting history ). I am impressed by the online frequent flyer community and the levels of discussion exchanged here.

I would like to ask if any of you feel really loyal to a specific airline or what are the main reasons for your decision to fly with them? What is your prime consideration for choosing the airline and booking a ticket with them? What first comes to your mind when you consider airline options?

I have developed a survey as part of my thesis project at Cranfield University – UK and would appreciate if you could take part. To participate please click on the link below.

http://www.getcounted.co.uk

It doesn’t take long and your contribution will be invaluable.

Thank you

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 20, 2008 at 11:57 am Reason: tailor introduction to Travelbuzz audience
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Welcome to FT cranfield_uni

Survey completed. Hopefully lots more people will do the same.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, various other pittances
Hi cranfield_uni and welcome to Flyertalk!

In particular;
- Cabin service as, unlike other airlines, I have personally yet to be 'burned' or had a really bad experience (fingers crossed, touch wood)
- Seating - have always preferred the fully flat bed in Business and apart from one bad experience (due to the lack of cleaning) 99% of the time it's really rather good
- ba.com and although it has the odd flaw (don't they all??) I still think it's one of the best for usability

In general I fly BA longhaul (or very, very seldomly short haul). Residing in the US I have to fly with AAnother Airline although I had made a conscious decision to consolidate my travel with only AA and BA - travel within any alliance (OneWorld in this case) brings advantages - e.g. checked through baggage between carriers etc etc.

Hence it was a choice of United only, a Virgin/NW option or the BA/AA option.

Prime consideration(s) would be reliability of service, cabin comfort and then price. One very nice feature of BA is the ability to upgrade using miles and most frequent flyers (not just BAers) like to equate their annual spend to air miles. In my case the Chase Visa means relatively cheap business class seats so I can sleep!!!

Will do the survery and welcome again!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:39 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis Presidents Club
Completed the survey as requestd. I consider myself very loyal to BA although when answering some of those questions I had to ask myself "why?"
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
ONE
And I know it is 100% illogical - but I always feel very safe on BA.

I feel safe on other airlines too but with BA there is something at the back of my mind that causes me to relax more.

TWO
The High Life magazine! Not sure why exactly!

THREE (and this is a new one)
LHR T5 is fantastic !
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Count myself as loyal - but not as loyal as I used to be.

The dropping of all the regional services is one of the reasons for this.

I have not used any other airline for holidays since 1999 - and ironically I want a short break in August and am faced with the prospect of flying with Globespan - and at a fairly hefty fare as well!!!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for taking part and for the warm welcome!

I believe there are some product attributes from the BA service which will be more relevant to some people than for others. The experience you all have with the carrier also reinforces (or sometimes causes the opposite effect ) your beliefs from BA's brand image and it's great to hear what you all have to say.

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Completed the survey as requestd. I consider myself very loyal to BA although when answering some of those questions I had to ask myself "why?"
that's the power of a good brand. Once you have had positive influences with it in the past automatically there is the association of "quality", "success", or whatever fulfills your needs.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM/MM/360; AA EP
As an American who flies to Europe and Africa regularly, I go out of my way to fly BA and no other airlines. I find BA much more civilized that the US carriers; maybe it's the genteel British accent, the flat beds, the greeting by name at the door of the plane, the lounges, and the fact the flights are not chock full of obnoxious fat teenage and elderly Americans that gets me. In any event, for me, BA is the only choice.

Last edited by map724; Jun 19, 2008 at 9:42 am
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: Meh!
Welcome to FT. I guess that discovering FT has made collation of data for your thesis much easier. I have completed your survey - good luck.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Halo
Welcome to FT. I guess that discovering FT has made collation of data for your thesis much easier. I have completed your survey - good luck.
Thanks for answering the survey.

FT is a great place in all respects, it's good to see so much enthusiasm for the industry. I would love to hear what members from other airlines have to say as well, whether the variables of loyalty differ from carrier to carrier. However, I understand I must stick to one forum, right?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:18 am
uk1
Suspended

........... completed. Good luck with the study.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: BA
Sitting in the office sucking my grape lollipop and just completed the survey!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
cranfield_uni, welcome, and be aware that as you have put the link to your survey in your signature, FTers who elect not to display signatures when they view posts won't see it
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:42 am

Completed.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NSFU
cranfield_uni, welcome, and be aware that as you have put the link to your survey in your signature, FTers who elect not to display signatures when they view posts won't see it
Thank you for that! have just amended it!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.