Wiki Posts
Search

Booking DL and FL on same itin?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Booking DL and FL on same itin?

Used ITA to find a decent fare for my gf to go home and visit her family in SAN leaving from DAY in August with preferable dates/times. Outbound is on FL through ATL and return is on DL also through ATL. I can't seem to get any of the normal sites to get this to work (travelocity, expedia, orbitz).

Will these two not allow it between each other? I know booking one way on FL won't matter as all their fares are essentially one way, but booking the return one-way on DL is a significant cost increase.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Apr 26, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Don't connect through ATL if you can avoid it?

I'm not sure what to tell you if no one is offering the combo, if it's not offered it's not offered.

DAY is Dayton, Ohio, no? If so, is it a big deal to goto Columbus instead if the price is right?
Old Apr 26, 2008, 4:54 am

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Oh, btw, DO NOT book a round trip SAN to ATL on one airline and then ATL to DAY on the other if the price works out better.

You will not make your flight through ATL on schedule (it has never happened EVER in all the times I flew through) and the other carrier will have zero sympathy that the first one was late.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: lots of little things
Airtran does not have ticketing agreements with many, if any, other airlines. They are similar to southwest in that regard. An FL ticket can't be issued for travel on other airlines and vice versa.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dc333
Airtran does not have ticketing agreements with many, if any, other airlines. They are similar to southwest in that regard. An FL ticket can't be issued for travel on other airlines and vice versa.
FL and DL have not had an interline agreement since October 2006. AirTran does still have interline ticketing/baggage agreements with US, UA, and F9, so not quite as restrictive as Southwest.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Thanks. All very helpful responses. I figured it was something like that.
Old May 6, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
The ITA site was combining two separate one-way fares (one way on F6, the other on DL) as opposed to a single published round trip fare. And since F6 and Delta don't have interline ticketing agreements, there was no way for Expedia to ticket the round trip itinerary.

Since the total round trip fare was the sum of two one-ways, you could have purchased each leg separately through either Expedia, the respective airline websites, or any other Internet TA (such as Orbitz, Travelocity, etc).

ITA is great for building fare/itinerary combinations not found elsewhere, generally because they are simply combining two separate one way fares to present as a round trip "package".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.