Reload this Page >

Why and how often do you fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why and how often do you fly?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:43 pm

College. Cross country about a half a dozen times.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:55 pm

I travel to wherever my employer (software, finance and EDM) sells its stuff.

Apart from the usual vacation weeks off, been flying (almost) every week LHR-PRG, LHR-BRQ or STN-BRQ since September. Missed OK-Plus Gold by 4 flights last year and, as the project is coming to an end, I've only done 12 segments so far in 2008.

/dna,
software consultant
Old Feb 14, 2008, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
I used to have a great job, managing international affairs for a government agency, and travelled about every 4-6 weeks for 3-10 days, about 2/3 to Asia-Pacific or Europe (in J) and about 1/3 in North America (in Y). I got to Australia 3 times, as well as a number of other exotic destinations. When I wasn't travelling for business, I travelled for fun (back and forth across Canada to visit family) or on holiday.

Then I moved to Europe to work for an international agency, where I travelled mostly in Europe and Middle East for business (again about every 6 weeks or so) and took a lot of weekend trips in Europe and took some longer holiday trips in the Middle East. I also flew back to North America a couple of times a year to see family.

Now back in North America, I'm not travelling a lot yet and happy for the break after a crazy pace.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:02 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I work in network architecture for a large telecommunications vendor/services provider. Travel is a weekly occurrence for me for the most part, with long periods away from home: I've been home for 6 days since Jan 1.

I live in Melbourne, my office is in Singapore, my family that I visit is in Auckland, and I have major projects in Melbourne/Sydney, Wellington/Auckland, Tokyo, India, Singapore, and R&D activities in SFO and Ottawa, plus conferences globally... so it makes for a reasonably busy travel schedule.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:11 am

for my personal trips, i travel almost 6 in a year. 3 outside the country, the other 3 is within the country. I just love to travel, i enjoy having to see beautiful sceneries.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:19 am

for my personal trips, i travel almost 6 in a year. 3 outside the country, the other 3 is within the country. I just love to travel, i enjoy having to see beautiful sceneries.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.