Wiki Posts
Search

Help with itinerary. Europe > Texas and Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Help with itinerary. Europe > Texas and Mexico

Hi Chaps,

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I plan to fly from Europe (preferably Dublin) to Texas (either DFW, IAH, AUS) and then onto Cancun. I wish to fly out of CUN back to Europe.

I wish to fly out asap.... and have been set on a rough date of 12th January. I hope to return on or around Feb 1st.

I have tried so many times to get the price down to 400gbp / USD580 but cannot seem to get the price below 675usd.

I have tried DUB > LAX> IAH> CAN then back to MUC. I have tried stopovers in LAX etc.

Please could anyone assist? I would be very grateful.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I think that's pretty cheap for flying so much on short notice. If you really have to go soon, I would book it right now before the fare is gone instead of trying to get it cheaper. But maybe I am more risk averse than you.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I take it you've checked on websites such as Kayak and Google Flights. If that's the best price you're getting, then I'd book it. Seems like a pretty good deal this close in. One idea is to try Europe-IAH (stopover)-CUN-IAH-same place in Europe.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 am
Suspended

Hmmm...traveling from Europe to Texas.....

In the L.A. area, we have a similar conundrum, compressed into a much shorter distance - wondering the best way to travel from Beverly Hills to Watts.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by lhgreengrd1
Hmmm...traveling from Europe to Texas.....

In the L.A. area, we have a similar conundrum, compressed into a much shorter distance - wondering the best way to travel from Beverly Hills to Watts.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"I have tried DUB > LAX> IAH> CAN then back to MUC."

Well, that's your problem right there! Try substituting CUN for CAN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.