Search

Ticketed Name Different from Passport in Japan/Korea

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Ticketed Name Different from Passport in Japan/Korea

Howdy y'all,

Recently had a legal last name change. Was wondering how lenient the security would be in Japan/Korea if I present my new passport with the new name, as well as court documentation (in English), along with my ticket/boarding pass with my old name. Will I be hauled away as a terrorist or just interrogated?

I presume there is some sort of flight manifest while passing through customs, which might cause a headache.

Was able to change my award reservation through Delta (Korean Air) after 1-2 hours on the phone no problem for the inbound, but on the outbound booked with United. Their reservations department seems much more disorganized. Despite my best efforts with several agents/supervisors, the best answer I got was I can either rebook in economy or cancel my award and hope that the saver award space shows up again (flying through ANA and Asiana).

Thoughts anyone? I'm not so worried about the US/TSA/customs side of things as they're all English speaking and the court papers are in English.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Cancel award. Rebook in Economy, but have business-level miles withdrawn and have yourself noted as "I class requested."
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Cancel award. Rebook in Economy, but have business-level miles withdrawn and have yourself noted as "I class requested."
Is this possible even on partner awards or only United metal flights?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Quote:

Is this possible even on partner awards or only United metal flights?
UA metal only for wait listing I or O awards.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:47 am
Original Poster

UA metal only for wait listing I or O awards.
Yikes -- my int'l leg is on ANA. I think I may hold off until closer to my departure date (mid Feb) to redeposit/reticket on perhaps a new flight. Looking at Saturday departures from LAX-NRT/HND it seems like there may very well be close-in availability. Will see how it plays out.

The reason I ask the above question is this is what the "supervisor" agent suggested to me -- that I just bring all my documentation to the airport and see how it plays out through security. Or give up my lie-flat for Untied Y at non-saver levels. No thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.