Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Unusual/ funny odd things in air travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:55 am
Original Poster

During recent flight a couple was served food and they loudly announced that they are vegetarina and will not eat meat. FA went to found their pre ordered vegi meal and brought it to them. Couple looked the vegi meal and said we don't want that. FA asked how can we help you: One announced I want the lamb, the other beef. They proceeded to eat them with great relish, busily chewed on the bones for long time and ate the whole thing. Around them everyone smiled. The FAs could not stop laughing during their breaks.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K!, NWA PE
Originally Posted by best
During recent flight a couple was served food and they loudly announced that they are vegetarina and will not eat meat. FA went to found their pre ordered vegi meal and brought it to them. Couple looked the vegi meal and said we don't want that. FA asked how can we help you: One announced I want the lamb, the other beef. They proceeded to eat them with great relish, busily chewed on the bones for long time and ate the whole thing. Around them everyone smiled. The FAs could not stop laughing during their breaks.
That's strange. I'm a vegetarian so I always get the veggie meal, but my experience is that some people will order the veggie meal because it is often better than the usual entrees. LH usually has a pretty good vegan meal - I have sat next to people who ordered it because it's better than some of the "street meat" type meals that they prepare.

My guess is that the couple wanted a choice.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
I'll betcha a buck that they ordered the vegetarian meal to get their meal served first!

JP
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Any other odd experiences?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by best
Any other odd experiences?
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.