Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

US to Shanghai - best econo flights for comfort?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US to Shanghai - best econo flights for comfort?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Question US to Shanghai - best econo flights for comfort?

I've flown back and forth from ORD to PVG a few times now and will be heading back this summer.

Question is, what's the best way to get there and back if I'm going economy class? I was thinking maybe United's Econo Plus is the way to go, but not sure.

I know about seatguru, but was really looking for someone that goes back and forth a lot that will know what to do when people like me can't get business class.

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, AS, CO, DL, UA, US
Seatguru's useful because it tells you make and model of the aircraft for a given flight, sometimes.
Airlinequality.com is useful because it has passenger reviews and comments for different airlines, with breakdown for seat class, etc.
I will choose United over Air China because United's food doesn't give me headaches (Air China uses too much msg in its inflight food.). United also gives you a better shot at actually selecting your seat way ahead of time. United's new online check-in option is sweet too. No more panic at airport international check-in because it's a cattle call.
Who else does US-PVG nonstop?
Personally speaking, I also like the seats next to a galley if there is one in the center of the aircraft in place of central aisle seats. There's a lot less passenger traffic there (and competition for bins, etc).

Last edited by DarthAnonymous; Jan 25, 2008 at 4:58 pm Reason: United's online check-in option
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:56 pm

AA flies ORD-PVG.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA's E+ is the most comfortable seating across the Pacific. Those extra 5 inches make a huge difference.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would avoid Air China. Not only are the seats uncomfortable, but you'll have to make a connection to get to one of its gateway since they don't fly to ORD.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, AS, CO, DL, UA, US
You know what though? United's Economy wine selection sucks.
Fortunately, over-Pacific UA flights presently have complimentary drinks in Economy class. So for rum-in-cokes, screwdrivers, etc start pouring! Sometimes, they run out of OJ half way through the flight though. No more screwdrivers.
Thai Airways, Asiana, Singapore, Cathay and just about anyone else (except maybe CA!) have excellent wine selections.
What's AA's situation to PVG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.