Viewing Northern Lights on High Latitude Transoceanic Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viewing Northern Lights on High Latitude Transoceanic Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:57 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
I've seen the northern lights on both trans-Atlantics and trans-Pacifics. Saw a really spectacular display as we were crossing over Alaska and into Russia a couple years ago. Had a fantastic view from an upper deck seat on a 747-400.

Back in 2004 when I was crossing the Atlantic every couple of weeks, there was one particular flight I took on the DTW-LGW route where the northern lights put on such a display that it had the FA's distracted (watching) and pax were swapping seats to allow others to get a view. This was back when NWA still had the Diesel-10's on the London route.

I typically sleep on the eastbound trans-Atlantics, but usually select a window seat on the left side of the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.